Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, September 5, 2009

September 5, 2009

I probably woke up this morning around 6 with a very full bladder! But, I didn't want to get up and take a chance on waking Ryan up, so I lay there in misery until I could stand it NO longer! But, I waited at least until Ryan popped his head up and was looking out the camper window before I ventured out from the covers. And that was the beginning of the morning as everyone started waking up after that. Tim and I headed up to the bathroom/shower house. I wasn't expecting a very good experience, however was pleasantly surprised with a nice, clean shower AND good and hot water throughout the whole shower! Even with others coming in and flushing the toilets, washing their hands and Liz in the other shower! It was great! And when I was done, Jessica was ready and she enjoyed a nice hot shower, too! After we all got our showers and dressed, we ate stuff like donuts, bananas, and muffins. We messed around the campsite for awhile and then headed out to the Twin Falls Trail. That's where we spent the next couple of hours. It was a beautiful day! After we got back, we ate lunch. Hannah and Ryan enjoyed PB&J, and the rest of us had sandwiches and hotdogs, more potato salad and cole slaw and chips, and OF COURSE, smores! After lunch Liz and I took the kids to play on the swings but that didn't last very long because the stupid gnats were thick and flying in your face and we decided enough was enough! We drove back to the campsite and Ryan and Liz laid down for a nap. Jessica had already gone to bed before we got back. Terry went soon after we got back. Brad colored with Hannah for quite awhile while Tim read his book and I played on the computer designing some more papers, etc. When the battery was gone, Hannah and I played some Go Fish. Before long Liz woke up and we colored some. About 3:45 Tim and I started packing up to come back home. We said goodbye to everyone around 4 and were on the road again. We stopped in Wytheville for a Subway. And back home by 8:15. Short but sweet weekend. Brad and Liz and the kids are staying at Twin Falls through Monday. Jessica and Terry left and arrived home about the same time we did. It was great to be with everyone even if our time together was short!

Credits: Cindy Ritter, Once Upon a Fairy Tale
Found at Enchanted Studio Scraps and Divine Digital
Font: Blueprint

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I remember those "gotta get to the bathhouse" moments from my childhood camping experiences. My dad used to get so aggravated with me because it seemed we'd just get back to the camper and we'd be making the hike again. Why was that? Maybe the difference in temps from our house environment or maybe different food. I don't know for sure but I often wonder if it had anything to do with our upgrade to a trailer a few years later!

tricia said...

nice layout!