Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 07, 2010

Today Tim decided he wanted to do some thrift store hopping, so I got a list of addresses off the internet and we set out on our bargain hunting trip! But, first things first.....since it was 11:30 when we left, we stopped for a sub on the same highway as 2 of the thrift stores we were going to stop at. My list consisted of 5 Good Wills, 2 Mega Thrifts and 1 Salvation Army. We managed to stop at 4 of the Good Wills and the Mega Thrifts before Tim decided he was tired of shopping!. It was about 3:30 by the time we got home. Our big purchases of the day.....a pair of shoes for Tim, 3 magazine holders for his notebooks, and some yarn for me. The day turned out to be pretty warm, considering it was only 40! I had to take my coat off after the first Good Will stop!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so amazing
Thanks

http://www.websitedevelopersindia.net/website-design-india/custom-website-design-services.html

Jessica said...

Our men are so good to go along with all of our picture taking right in their faces! Terry always just takes my camera, smiles and takes the picture! How much yarn did you find? Lots?

You know, I thought I put my hat you made me in my bag; I thought for sure I knew exactly where it was but after unpacking I just can't find it anywhere. Have you seen it around there at all? I found the check you gave me and I thought the hat was in the same place but so far...not so much! I could sure use it since it is 11 degrees here today!

Love you!

Vicky said...

Sorry, sweetie! Haven't seen the hat. Better keep looking! Is it in one of the suitcases? Got mixed in with Michael's stuff, perhaps? Hope you find it!

Found some yarn, but didn't want to pay what they were asking cuz to me the price was not thrift store pricing for something they got for free!!

jessicaday said...

You inspired me. Kara and I went to our thrift store and got a new winter coat for her for $10! We got a few more things like a jean jacket, a brown vest, and a play shopping cart/grocery set. All good stuff!!

Vicky said...

Very cool! I LOVE going to thrift stores!