Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, March 18, 2011

Joey's "Upgrade"

Joey's voice was alot stronger today and he said his throat felt better, praise the LORD!  He improves more and more each day!  What an answer to prayer!  However, Rachel, his wife, woke up with a sore throat this morning, so she went home to try and get over it, rather than take a chance on Joey getting something to set him back.

Joey was also moved out of MICU to a TCU room, Praise the LORD!  One more step closer to the door!  :D  For those of you who don't know (although, I'm probably the only one who didn't know what it meant) the "T" in TCU means Transitional.  He also was brought some REAL food!  He actually got a real meal last night, but I think I forgot to mention it.  But, they are still feeding him 2,000 calories through the feeding tube, so he really has no appetite when they bring him the food.  And they have said the sooner he is eating more real food, the sooner they will take him off the feeding tube.  Sounds like a Catch 22 to me!

Joey's left nostril is still bleeding.  More today than it has been.  Sure would be nice if they would take that tube out of his nose!  Pray to that end!  Pray that he gets to go home real soon!  Thank the LORD for His gracious answers to prayer on Joey's behalf!

Anyway, we picked Tim's mom up for lunch and she was thrilled because she didn't realize she was going to get to see us for the 2nd week in a row!  :D  I didn't take any pictures of Joey today, but I did take one of Tim's mom and me and one to show you the weather.


No comments: