Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Direction

Proverbs  16:9 ¶ A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

I saw this verse today on some Christian clip art that a Facebook friend shared and started thinking about its meaning in light of my current situation.

I have my "tentative" plans for the rest of the year, basically.  You know, plans for activities, plans for the holidays, plans for where I will be laying my head down at night.....but whether or not those specific plans actually happen, the LORD knows!  Lord, my prayer is that I want to be open to Your leading, even though I have a "tentative" plan in place.  I pray I am ready and willing if and when You change my direction!  Help me to walk through those doors you open and leave the doors You've closed locked!

I don't have a bucket list of things I want to do.  There are things I would like to do, of course, but I don't have a list, per se.  I discovered a bucket list of sorts on Tim's phone.  I switched my phone number to his phone since mine was the cheap, freebie phone they give you when you sign up for the plan.  Tim's phone was a new phone that we paid LOTS for, so I decided to switch phones since I was having issues with mine, anyway (could've been operator error, but I'll never know!).

Back to Tim's bucket list that I found.  They are listed as "Places to Go - Things to See and Do".  I'm just sorry his health did not allow him to see and do the things he wanted.  I may need to assume his bucket list for him.  However, it would be much more fun to do them with him, so I probably will not.

Don Juans in Lexington (I assume this is a restaurant in NC)
Goodys on Stratford (another restaurant)
Branson, MO
Stone Mountain, GA
Mt. Vernon and Virginia Beach
Okracoke Island
Ride the train at Bryson City, NC
Shatley Springs
Hunting Island State Park in SC

When the Lord changed Tim's plans, dreams and wishes,  mine changed, too.  Now I am making plans, dreaming dreams and making wishes on my own.  It is a hard change.  And I am a person who resists change.  But I'm learning to do things, hard things, that I never intended to do; the hardest being going on without my best friend, my lifetime companion, my sweetheart, my lover, my confidant, my guardian, my one and only truest of true loves.  But I AM doing it, just not on my own.  Tim couldn't promise to NEVER leave me, but HE has promised never to leave me or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5; Joshua 1:5), and I'm holding Him to it!  Thank You, LORD, for ALL of Your promises that I know are as good as done.....in Your time!


Today, while Liz and family were out of the house at school and work, I needed something to occupy my time.  So, I started by picking up clothes out of the girls' bedroom floor to wash.  But, while I was at it, I just went ahead and picked up the rest of the room, too.  All 3 kids sleep in this room when I spend the night.  It is a good set-up and Hannah says the floor, with the pillow pallets I made, are more comfortable then her bed above.  So, Ryan got the bed.  Abby's bed is behind the dresser on the left side of the picture.

Then it was time to sort the clothes from the floor and the baskets.  Now, things are washing and drying.


Today is National Day of Prayer, I think, so the kids at Rockwell Christian School go out and gather around the flag pole and the principal prays for the country, the school and the students by the pole.  I think it is a wonderful idea!  We ALL need to pray for our country!  Our country is in desperate need of turning back to God!  2 Chronicles  7:14 says, "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."  Boy!  Our land sure needs healing!

Here's a good picture of Abby that her mom took during today's event.


OK, that's it for me today.  Time to get back to the laundry!  SOCKS!!!  I remember WHY I hated SOCKS when the kids were growing up!  There is NO end to them!!!!  Do I hear an AMEN?!

No comments: