Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, December 24, 2017

'Twas The Night Before Jesus Came

'Twas The Night Before Jesus Came'
written by Unknown Author

'Twas the night before Jesus came and all through the house
Not a creature was praying, not one in the house.
Their Bibles were lain on the shelf without care
In hopes that Jesus would not come there.

The children were dressing to crawl into bed.
Not once ever kneeling or bowing a head.
And Mom in her rocker with baby on her lap
Was watching the Late Show while I took a nap.

When out of the East there arose such a clatter.
I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash!

When what to my wondering eyes should appear
But angels proclaiming that Jesus was here.
With a light like the sun sending forth a bright ray
I knew in a moment this must be THE DAY!

The light of His face made me cover my head
It was Jesus! returning just like He had said.
And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth,
I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself.

In the Book of Life which He held in His hand
Was written the name of every saved man.
He spoke not a word as He searched for my name;
When He said "it's not here" my head hung in shame.

The people whose names had been written with love
He gathered to take to His Father above.
With those who were ready He rose without a sound.
While all the rest were left standing around.

I fell to my knees, but it was too late;
I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate.
I stood and I cried as they rose out of sight;
Oh, if only I had been ready tonight.

In the words of this poem the meaning is clear;
The coming of Jesus is drawing near.
There's only one life and when comes the last call
We'll find that the Bible was true after all!


This Weekend's Family Activities:
Thursday, December 21
Nathanael, Adalina and Sam arrived.  He stopped at the parsonage to go through the kitchen stuff to see what he could use.  He took quite a bit, for which I am glad and thankful!  He will be taking our bed and box springs (actually, Brad will be delivering the bed to him this coming weekend) and Jessica has a mattress off of the guest bed he will be getting to use.

After he loaded up everything, we all headed down to Elisabeth's.  We went to Alpha's Greek-Italian restaurant in Rockwell.


Addy was found having fun in Sally's cage.

Friday, December 22
Before Jessica and Terry and kids and Michael and Jessica and Kara arrived, we went to Dan Nickolas park.  After they arrived, we ate pizza and then immediately the cousins exchanged Christmas gifts and opened my gifts to them.  Nat, Sam and Addy had to leave so he could go to work on Saturday.  Plus he had to stop by the house to load the box springs onto his car.  It was the wee hours of the morning before he got home, I'm afraid!
The day started off with pancakes and bacon

Dan Nickolas Park





















Back at Home
Liz made sugar cookies for the kids to decorate later.



I made this miniature corn hole game for Ryan for his birthday.  The base needed painting and I made the bean bags.



Addy did pretty well shooting this nerf gun, even though it was upside down!  :D










The only one missing from our group was Papaw!



Decorating (and eating) the sugar cookies:










Jessica said she was going to take more photos of us together like she wished she had done with her dad.  The things all of us would have done if we'd only known how soon and quickly he would leave us.


Saturday, December 23
I woke up a little after 4 a.m. sick with diarrhea and vomiting.  That lasted off and on all day.  So, I totally missed out on the day of activities and visiting as I kept myself quarantined in the bedroom.  Jessica and Elisabeth came in to check on me and brought me gatorade to drink.

Sunday, December 24
I work up with a splitting headache.  Jessica and I figured it was from being dehydrated.  So, I started sipping down some more gatorade and took tylenol.  I stayed home from church.  I did not eat anything until later this evening.

After everyone left early afternoon, we cleaned up a bit and relaxed on the couch.  Then, since there wasn't church tonight, we went to the Charlotte Speedway for a Christmas Light Show.  On the way home, Brad stopped at McDonald's for dinner, which I did not eat.  I ate a leftover drumstick from Saturday's dinner.






The Speedway was also showing "Polar Express" on the big screen



After we got back home, the kids were allowed to open their stockings.

Petting Zoo at the Speedway











Have yourselves a Merry CHRISTmas!!

No comments: