Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

In Sickness and In Health

WOW!  COVID has knocked me for a loop!  I'm still struggling with the aftermath.....no energy, no strength, no real appetite, no desire to do anything but sleep!  It's even a struggle to type this!  My arms feel like they weigh a ton.  At times I feel weepy and emotional for no good reason.  And I'm struggling with the amount of pills and vitamins the doctor prescribed and recommended.  Yesterday I burped them all day.  "These measures are intended to prevent the most severe complications due to COVID-19 that can occur 2-3 weeks into the illness; but also to prevent the "Long Haul Covid Syndrome" that can cause symptoms for months or even years."  So, I guess I will continue to take them and depend on the Great Physician to completely heal me in His time!

On Friday, July 22nd, I started feeling badly late afternoon to early evening.  I ended up going to bed feeling nauseous.  I could not go to sleep.  I kept feeling worse.  My chest began to feel heavy and I thought I might be having a heart attack.  I had Mark take me to the Thomasville Urgent Care.  They turned me away because my symptoms were "ER" worthy.  So, Mark took me to the Thomasville Novant Medical ER.  Since I was having chest symptoms they took me right in, thank You, Lord!  The EKG was great, thank You, Lord!  But the COVID test came back positive.  Normally, I would have argued if it were really COVID or something else.  But I felt so bad that I could not argue.  The doctor wanted to prescribe an experimental drug that began with the letter "p".....Paxlovid, maybe.  I told him nothing experimental.  I requested Ivermectin.  He said that was experimental, too, and would not prescribe it.  He gave me 2 nausea prescriptions:  one was a pill and one was a suppository.  He also gave me an inhaler prescription and booted me out the door.  I wanted to stay, I felt THAT bad!  I felt so bad they left the hospital gown on me and wheeled me out to the car.

We contacted the church prayer group to let them know what was going on.  A couple of them had some Ivermectin they were willing to share so Mark made the trip to their homes to get the medicine for me.  And then on Monday I contacted a recommended doctor known to "attack COVID aggressively" with Ivermectin and Hydrochloroquine.  He was an hour away in Reidsville and we got an appointment immediately.  We opted, at his recommendation, on the Hydrochloroquine treatment, since insurance was more likely to pay for it.  So, I left with 3 more prescriptions and a whole page of protocol.

Now, a week and a half later, I have the lingering tiredness, no real appetite to speak of, and occasional nausea.  I've lost about 10 lbs. eating toast, applesauce, bananas and drinking Gatorade and Pedialyte.  Yesterday I actually ate a chicken BLT from Wendy's.  I got a half and half tea which is ridiculously sweet and most of anything I try to eat is too salty!

Mark did his best when I first got sick to take care of me, and he did a wonderful job.  But, he was not 100% well himself.  He was dealing with something upper respiratory related.  Bronchitis, maybe.  He tried to go to work a couple of days last week, but ended coming home with nausea.  We both slept a lot and just rested.  For the most part he fixed his own food when he was in the mood to eat.  He took two home tests for COVID and they both registered negative.  

We were both feeling pretty rough on Sunday morning, so we opted to stay away from everyone and continue to rest.  Monday he was feeling better and went to work.  But he needed some cough drops, so I took him some and he said he was feeling nauseous again.  He was feeling better by bed time and went back to work today.

Slowly, but surely, we are getting better.......I guess.  And, this, too, shall pass!

Thank you all for your prayers!

No comments: