Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Clothes for baby Sawyer

Today, on Tim's day off, we went back to the thrift stores in High Point. We hit the jackpot today and am able to mark lots of items off of our "To Buy" list, lol! I don't think that list ever really diminishes, however, lol! I don't have a list, per se. I just buy it if it looks like something I could use, even tho I didn't realize I needed it! :)

Part of what I found today was some summertime clothes for Sawyer, our grandson that is due June 22nd. Jessica told me they have plenty of winter clothes but no summer clothes for him. Well, I took care of some of that need today! And the next time the girls come to see me, we are gonna have to try and get over to this little church-operated thrift store. Everything looks so nice and clean and it is very organized! These 2 pictures are what I found there today. TEN one-piece outfits for Sawyer, (plus a brand new pack of lap pads from Goodwill) and a grocery-sized bag stuffed as full as I could get it of yarn, Barbie doll material and other misc items that cost me $1.00! WOOHOO! Can't beat that! And each outfit for Sawyer cost $1.99, with the exception of one that cost $2.99 and I got 25% off of the total purchase, so I paid less then $20 for everything you see! TADA!! A great bargain! And for Jessica's information, these outfits are all 3 and 6 months sizes.


4 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh I love them momma! They will be perfect! My favorite is the little khaki one with the frog!! Thank you so much! You didn't have to buy all of those tho! :) He will get lots of use out of them however when we are galavanting around the neighborhood and at the pool this summer! :)

jessicaday said...

Oh, what a great find! They are so cute! I miss that teeny tiny age. Kara had a crazy growth spurt at your house - she's huge! :-)

Elisabeth said...

great finds momma! Jess can blame a lot of the load of winter clothes on me but when it is on clearance, you just gotta buy it!! I won't be summer clothes shopping until this fall when it all goes on sale again.

Kimberly Pitman said...

I love a bargain. Great finds!