Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, March 15, 2010

Poor Jessica.......

Last night after church I packed up all of Kara's things so we would be ready to leave this morning. While I was working, Tim spent some cuddle time reading with Kara. She calls him pappy, which is so cute!
Kara slept better last night. She did want me to turn the music back on once and I told her that was the last time! I didn't hear another peep!

She was so excited when Pappy told her she could take the lizard home with her. She has carried him around for 2 days.
She was very excited to be going home to see mommy and daddy, too!
She started making silly faces. Here are just a few. This first one is her "frowny" face or the face she makes if she thinks your question or comment was silly! Her mouth isn't just right because she was having a hard time trying not to laugh.
She looks rather scary in this one!
Another one where she is trying not to laugh.

After she got tired of making faces, she ate and played and ate some more and played some more and ate some more! :) I think she was catching up!
Then she covered her face with her night-night and just about went to sleep.....
.....til I started bothering her! I figured her mommy would probably like it if she slept on their half of the trip home! She had already been asking every half hour (or less) if we were half way there yet!
She folded back some of the night-night and I caught this picture! Wouldn't she make a perfect little Mary for a Christmas play with her dark skin and dark eyes? Precious face! She is getting ready to eat some peanut butter cracker sandwiches that I fixed for her for the trip.
She separates them and eats the plain cracker first, then either picks the peanut butter off with her fingers and eats it or eats the cracker with it.
Another silly picture. She has yogurt raisins in her lap.
I had wanted to paint our fingernails to match before we left the house this morning (what was I thinking?) but just didn't have time. There are little butterflies in the middle of each fingernail. I woke up at 5 with a headache and finally got up at 5:45 to get a shower before Kara woke up. Plus I took some excedrine and the combination of shower and meds took care of the headache.

Jessica called us when she was about an hour and a half out to report she was having a hard time driving because she had dry heaves and just was not feeling well. We told her to take her time. When we arrived at Panera Bread, where we were scheduled to meet, there were no parking spaces, so I called her to let her know we were going to eat at McDonalds. She did not answer the phone and I knew that was not a good sign. When I didn't hear back from her I called her again to make sure she got the message. She finally arrived looking pretty "green around the gills" as my dad would say. Tim and I had talked before she got there and I said I wish there was something we could do to help her but didn't know what that would be. Tim said you could drive her car back while she laid down and I could follow you and then after dropping her off at home we would travel back. Jessica had said she was thinking of getting a hotel room but she would not be able to rest with Kara. So when we told her the plan and she accepted, we stopped to get some dramamine so she could sleep on the trip. Kara slept, too. I guess about 2-2 1/2 hours into the trip Jessica woke feeling much better except for a headache. I called Tim to tell him I needed to take a potty break and he said he needed gas, so we stopped at a gas station and Jessica filled her SUV while we were stopped. She talked with Tim and said she thought she would be able to make the rest of the trip with no problem. So we headed back home and Jessica finished the trip. She had about an hour left.

Sure hope you are feeling MUCH better tonight, Jessica! Give XOXO's to our Kara Bear! I was looking forward to seeing Michael, but that will have to wait! Love you all! And, thanks again for sharing your precious little girl with us!

2 comments:

jessicaday said...

I love the silly faces!
Thank you again for driving me. I'm just as bad today, so I guess it's some kind of bug. I hope you washed your hands well after touching my steering wheel. :-(
All that eating Kara did was a growth spurt! She can reach her light switch now - something she couldn't do before she went to your house.

Kimberly Pitman said...

These are such sweet pictures! Hope your d-i-l gets well soon. The crud is going around here, too, but so far we've managed to avoid it but I fear not for long. A little girl spent the night here Friday with our granddaughters (who were also spending the night) and she was up sick that night. We'll probably be so "blessed" soon. The young lady was well again by Sun. p.m. so perhaps it is one of those 48 hour bugs.

You are good in-laws to go the extra mile literally. :)