Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Ever the Student, Ever the Teacher

My Love,
It is at the end of the day that I miss you the most.  Especially those times we would sit together in the man room or out under the carport and I would read the devotions from Spurgeon's book, "Morning and Evening" and we would comment on them.  You would say, "I like that!" after I would read one.  You even had me type one up and email it to you so you could add it to your database for future use.  I don't think you ever got that far with it because your brain became too cancer-ridden and you couldn't think straight.  Oh, how I miss your wonderful mind!  You were ever the student so you could be the excellent teacher that you were!  You had an excellent knowledge of God and His Word!  But, more importantly, you knew God!
July 31st.  Tim's last time to sit under the carport and enjoy a little bit of lunch and the birds.

"Be still and know that I am God."  Psalm 46:10

You knew how to be still and soak in the knowledge of God into your heart and mind!  What a gift you were to me!  You kept me straight and on track!  I don't think it is possible to love anyone more than I love you!


I think I've decided I need to live with one or the other of the girls for awhile.  I need to be around people!  I will start looking for a storage unit this week to move things into until later on when I can decide if I actually do want to live on my own or remain with someone else.  No matter what happens, I will be buried here in Winston at the head of Tim in Park Lawn Cemetery over on Peter's Creek.

I dearly love my church, but it might not be feasible for me to always be able to attend the services.  So, I will probably resign teaching my Sunday School class once I finally move in with Elisabeth (probably first) or Jessica.  Terry is ready to make the move happen now and I think that is so sweet that my son-in-law loves me enough to give up his man room for his mother-in-law!  They have more room to accommodate me than Elisabeth does.  I hate running Ryan out of his bedroom.  I'm hoping he will agree to share it with me!  But, if I snore much, that might be the breaking point for him!

Please be in prayer about my future decisions I will need to make sooner than later.  I am not being asked to leave the parsonage, but at the same time, I can't stay here forever!  But, what a generous and loving church to allow me to stay "as long as needed" until it comes time for a new pastor to move in!

Thank You, Lord, for your blessings on me!
There's a roof up above me, I've a good place to sleep.
There's food on my table and shoes on my feet.
You gave me your love, Lord, and a fine family!
Thank You, Lord, for your blessings on me!

No comments: