Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Joy Came

Dearest Tim,
Joy came in the morning and in the afternoon!  Praise the Lord for friends!

Lois and I went to Mega Thrift and then she took me to K&W for lunch.  Afterwards, we went to Aldi before I took her home.  She invited me in but I had more phone calls and appointments to make and more paperwork to do.

Juanita called in the afternoon and we talked for quite awhile.  I always feel better after talking to her as she is so encouraging!  What a gift she has and is!  Love her more and more every day as a true friend and sister in Christ!  Thank You, Lord, for the gift of friends!  And I am most glad about our "friend that sticks closer than a brother," my friend the Lord Jesus Christ!  I don't know how people "do life" without Him!

Then Joy brought some boxes from work and I invited her to stay.  We talked and we cried together.  Everyone misses you so much!  But, the Lord will continue to strengthen us in the days to come!

I am so thankful today that, "The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want..... for friendship!"  Psalm 23:1

After Joy left I started cleaning out the clothes from my closet that are too big now.  WOW!  My closet is almost bare!  I found several things at Mega Thrift today.  A skirt, a Sag Harbor blazer, a couple of sweater jackets and some tops and spent less than $15!  Thank You, Lord!

Here's a great quote for today:
Abandon yourself to His care and guidance, as a sheep in the care of a shepherd, and trust Him utterly.  ~ Hannah Whitall Smith

No comments: