Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, November 21, 2019

One Thousand Gifts And More

Who doesn't want to experience abundant blessings?  No one.......said no one EVER!

I'm reading a book, One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp.  The premise of the book is if we want to experience abundant blessings we must look for them.  We must pay attention to the thousands of gifts that the LORD bestows on us every single day of our lives.......even in the days that you wouldn't COUNT as blessings normally!

We ALL need to learn to count our blessings!  Practice makes perfect, so they say.  So, I've already begun to practice looking for blessings, gifts from the LORD, in unexpected places.  Will you join me on this journey?  Not just my journey, but to begin one of your own?

Count your blessings, NAME them one by one!
Count your blessings, SEE what God has done!
God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.  2 Corinthians 9:13
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.  Amen.  Ephesians 3:20, 21
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.  James 1:17
The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.  I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.  John 10:10
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.  Matthew 6:33
You crown the year with Your goodness, and Your paths drip with abundance.  Psalm 65:11
But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.  Matthew 5:44, 45

My Countdown of Gifts:

November 19th
1.  Books that help me grow spiritually


2.  Good friends

3.  Good food


4.  Craft supplies

November 20th
5.  Indoor plumbing

6.  Heating

7.  Quiet time


8.  Texts from my husband


9.  Good sales


November 21st
10.  Beautiful autumn mornings


11. Warm(er) waiting rooms

12. Graduation to heaven

Thank You, LORD, for your blessings on me! 

What were you thankful for today?

2 comments:

jeday0323 said...

Such a beautiful post! I love that you included heat and toilets - may we never take them for granted. :-)

Vicky said...

Amen!