Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 29, 2020

COVID-19 Sunday

After my shower this morning, I fixed us breakfast of sausage links and scrambled eggs.  We ate on the deck.  We also attended church on the deck, listening to our pastor's message from Mark's phone.  We had no plans for the day, so we decided, since the weather was so great, that we would take a bike ride.  So we headed north on Route 66.  When Route 66 ran out of road, we headed west on Route 89.  That took us to Mt. Airy where we then took US 52S back to 40E then NC-109.  On the way home, we stopped in Wallburg at Mamma Mia and ordered a pizza and a cheesesteak to eat at the park behind the town hall.

So, the statistics of our trip:  we left the house about 11:45 a.m. and got back home around 3:30 (according to the times of my first and last pictures taken) and traveled about 125 miles round trip.  A great day for a great trip, thank You, Lord!

Here are some pictures from our trip.  Lots of beautiful springtime blooms, curvy roads, and beautiful scenery.  Praying you are all safe and healthy!  Enjoy the pictures!



























































































































No comments: