Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, July 4, 2020

More Fire Pit Improvements

Mark has begun working on an outhouse for the fire pit district.

The hole.......about 6 feet deep, I believe.

Today we went to Lowe's to get lumber and tin for the roof.  We had to leave and go to Walmart to get masks.


Thirteen 2x4x12 boards, one 2x12 piece of tin, five 4x8 pieces of plywood, hinges, caulk, plumb bob string and a toilet flushing fixture later, which I should have taken a picture of, and we were headed home.......after Mark got it all loaded to our trailer.  WOW!  It is stiflingly hot today!  Fortunately, where he is working in the woods is pretty well tree covered!  I told him it would be nice is there were lots of cloud cover, without the rain, so it would be cooler for his work!  He has a fan he hooks up and can step in front of to cool him when he is sweating!



The base of the outhouse which will be 4' x 4'.  Mark has an RV toilet on order.


Then he back-filled dirt around it to keep it from filling with rain around the base.


Next he used some decking Brad gave him for the sub-flooring.


Then he laid the plywood on the sub-flooring.  Tomorrow afternoon after church he plans to paint it with the brown that we painted his shed.  Piper looks pretty comfy!


Tomorrow is another LORD's day!  Enjoy gathering with your brothers and sisters in the LORD around the table of God's Word, the Bread of Life!

No comments: