Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, July 3, 2020

Food and Night Rides

Mark and I have, for the last month, been eating "clean" and without sugar.  My goal is to try to heal my gut issues (IBS) and to help Mark get off of his BP, diabetes, and cholesterol meds.

It hasn't been as hard to give up the sugar as I thought, considering how addicted I was to sweet tea!  The first 2 or 3 days was rough, because of the continuous headache, but once I got past that, it has been pretty easy!  I still get acid indigestion, however, and have to take medicine for it.

"Clean" in meat is non GMO, grass-fed for beef, free-range for chicken and turkey, and organic for veggies.  I don't do absolutely everything like this because it can get very expensive!  But, I do the best I can!

Here are some of the meals of late:

Mostly, instead of frying the food, I roast it in the oven or toaster oven.  I use avocado, coconut or olive oils for cooking.  The veggies are mostly fresh.

The deviled eggs were made with avocado mayonnaise and mustard.  The asparagus and other veggies were roasted in avocado oil and spices.  The chicken was also roasted with olive oil spray and bourbon BBQ spice.



This is the beginning of vegetable soup.  Zucchini and yellow squash, carrots, celery, onions, garlic were sauteed in avocado oil, then chicken broth, cabbage, kale and cannellini beans were added and then brought to a boil and simmered for about 20 minutes.


It really was delicious!!



We are really watching the carbs, too, because it turns to sugar.  Cauliflower can take the place of some carbs, like mashed potatoes and bread.  The "bread" used for our burgers is "cauliflower thins" from Trader Joe's.  The fries are made from zucchini coated in egg and then shaken in almond flour.  The burgers were delicious!  With everything on the burger (lettuce, cheese, mayo, onion, pickle and tomato), we really couldn't taste the cauliflower thin bread.  But, these burgers were delicious!!!  The zucchini fries are OK, but they are not real french fries!


Night rides

Wednesday we had rain, but it stopped later in the afternoon.  So, we took a chance that it would not rain anymore, even though there was still a 15% chance.  Here is a picture of the sun and some clouds I took on the way to church.


This was taken on the way home.  I couldn't get a clear shot of the sun reflecting on the clouds, but it was so pretty!



Tonight, we took a ride, leaving at 9:10 p.m.  56.5 miles later, we pulled back into the driveway at 10:30.  It was 77 degrees when we left.  Within 15 minutes the temperature had dropped to 72 degrees.  I was glad I had a hoodie on!  The moon was almost a full moon.


The phone camera does not take very good pictures at night.



The light streak running across the picture almost half way up was a plane contrail. 


Mark is still off on Fridays.  And since this is a holiday weekend, he has Monday off, too!  Praying you all have a wonderful weekend!

Thank You, LORD, for Your provision and safety throughout the week!

No comments: