Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, August 24, 2020

Morrow Mountain

 We decided to take a bike ride today.  Mark took a nap first and then we left the house at 5:10 p.m.  We ordered Subway sandwiches on line and stopped in Welcome to pick them up on the way to Morrow Mountain where we had planned to eat them for our supper.

We arrived on top at 6:45, 68.9 miles later.  We ate and walked around to take pictures of the view.  At 7:30, approximately, we left.  Since the restrooms were closed, due to COVID-19, we decided to stop on the way home.  

The pictures of the water is either Badin Lake or the Yadkin River.....or both.  Just not sure.  We could see rain in the distance across the mountains.

The restrooms are newer (they were there last time we were there) and the Overlook area is newer than the last time we were up there last year.

On the way back down we saw deer meandering through the woods and even more out in the fields as we traveled the road back home.

We stopped at Exxon on Rt. 49 and Mark got gas while I went in to use the restroom.  I decided to put on my rain jacket for warmth since the sun was going down.  There were a few sprinkles here and there, but no real rain.

We arrived home at 9:10 after 137 miles round trip.  It was a good ride!

Thank You, Lord, for the beauty in Your creation that we enjoyed and the safety You allowed on our ride!
























No comments: