Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Weekend Happenings

Jessica brought the kids down for the weekend to get another visit in before school begins next month!  It's hard to believe we are thinking about school again already!  It seems they just broke for summer vacation!  She got in late Thursday night and left Sunday afternoon!  It was a nice visit!  And since Elisabeth lives closer to us now, we got to see them lots, too!

Friday, Elisabeth and the kids came over.  The kids messed around in the woods and also wanted to do some painting.  I helped by drawing a few characters on some of the canvases.  I fixed a late lunch of sloppy joes, mac n cheese, baked beans and tater tots.  Elisabeth had to leave around 3 because their church was having VBS last week.  Jessica's kids wanted to go home with her and they all went to VBS, then spent the night with the cousins.  Jessica, Mark and I played Rummikub at the house.

Saturday, Jessica went to Elisabeth's and they took the kids swimming for a couple of hours.  Afterwards, Elisabeth took her kids home to get dressed and Jessica and kids came back here to the house.  I had pizza fixed for them.  They did some more painting before Liz and family came over.  It rained off and on.  We planned to eat hotdogs at the fire pits and let the kids ride the Palmer's 4-wheeler.  Fortunately, the rain did not mess up those plans.  Later, before it got too late, Liz and Brad took all of the kids back to the house so everyone could get showers for church.

Noah spent the weekend with us.  His mom went out of town for the weekend so he had to take care of the dogs at his house.  Plus he is working part time now, so Mark took him to work and picked him up as needed, so he didn't get to go swimming or spend as much time with the kids as he would have liked to.  He had to spend the nights at our house instead of with the rest of the kids.

Sunday, the Sheriff  of Davidson County, Richie Simmons, was our speaker in the morning services.  Brad and Elisabeth planned to come and listen to him since they are new residents of Davidson County.  But, Elisabeth was sick all night with fever and chills, so she stayed home as everyone else came to church.  She watched on line.  Mr. Simmons did a wonderful job.  The Parks family was together for the weekend, so they sang specials during the service.

After the service, we all went to Zaxby's for lunch and then everyone parted ways.  Another wonderful weekend with family!

Pictures:

Painting on Friday












Saturday afternoon

Rain




Hair dye


Fire pit time Saturday evening












Finishing up the job




Copperhead Noah found and Mark killed

Sunday at church, then lunch at Zaxby's

Parkses singing a special


Bro. Daniel Parks reading scripture from 1 Chronicles 29:10-27


Sheriff Richie Simmons


Parkses sang the closing hymn




Thank You, LORD, for Your many blessings from day to day!  I am especially thankful for my family!


No comments: