Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Grandkids make life GRAND!

I remember when Jessica told me somewhere between Thanksgiving and Christmas of 2000 that I was going to be a grandma.  I had just turned 45 and didn't feel old enough to be a grandma!  Fast forward to April 2001 when Michael was born.  I fell in love with him at first glance!  Actually, I began to love him way before he was born!  His birth awoke a love in me I didn't know existed!  All of a sudden I knew what grandparents meant when they said, "too bad the grandkids don't come first!"  How does anything that little grab your heart in such a big way!  (Maybe "little" is not the right word to use, however, since this little boy weighed close to 11 lbs!  Maybe 10 lb. 11 oz.  His momma was big enough at 10 lb. 7 1/2 oz!)  But, grab it he did!  I decided right then and there that being a grandma was going to be a GRAND thing!

Tim and I have 9 grandchildren and Mark has 8 and one on the way.  Plus there are several step grands to add to the mix plus one that has been adopted into the mix!  So, I think we can safely say that our quiver runneth over!

Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.  5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them…..


Grandkids make life GRAND

I did this page for the Big Photo Challenge at Just ART

Credits list:

Junque Journal 02 Collection by Vicki Robinson
Fonts Charmie and Bella Madelyn Script

Photo mine


 

No comments: