Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, August 22, 2021

Jupiter, Saturn and the Moon and Happy Birthday!

I did my best to zoom in for "closeup" shots of Jupiter and Saturn.  I got a blurry-at-best shot of Jupiter, but Saturn was a no-show.  Zooming in so far is shaky at best, even on the tripod!  These were taken between 9 and 10:30 p.m. Saturday night.

I believe the tiny light on the left is Jupiter.  Of course, the one easy to see is the moon in this first picture.



I did get a nice closeup of the moon.


This is a NASA shot of Jupiter.................compared to mine below...............


I thought my camera was not focusing in correctly at first, but after seeing NASA's picture above, I guess it focused as well as it could.


Some of you probably won't be able to see the speck of light near the top and to the right, but Mark thinks that is Saturn.  Like I said, I couldn't get zoomed in to capture a good image.  So, you can see Jupiter to the left above the moon and Saturn to the far right above the moon and Jupiter.  Cool!


I always have to zoom in and fill up my camera's view with the moon!  God's handiwork!

Genesis 1:14 ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.


In other news, THIS girl turned 17 this past Tuesday!  Oh, my!  Happy Birthday, Hannah Banana!  We went to Elisabeth's Saturday evening for supper and cake and ice cream to celebrate!  Here are some pictures of Hannah through the years.

2006


2008


2009


2010


2011


2012


2013


2014


2015


2016


2017


2018


2019


2020


2021


2021


Happy Birthday, sweet girl!  I pray you love and follow the LORD all the days of your life! ❤😘


No comments: