Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Sunday Happenings

After church today, we came home for lunch, which I had to cook.  I took some pork roast and cut it up into bite sized pieces and cooked it in coconut oil with some minced garlic, salt and pepper and some Bragg's Amino Acids (soy sauce replacement).  When the pork was done, I added some onion and peppers and half of a bag of frozen stir fry veggies.  I covered it and let it simmer for about 15 minutes and our stir fry was done.  YUM!

This afternoon Mark went out to piddle around in his shed and out at the pit area.  I watered the veggies and flowers and refilled the bird feeder and hung a suet feeder.  I took down one of the bird feeders because the squirrels had started biting out the feed holes.  I'm going to get another one with a wire cage around it to keep the squirrels from chewing it up!  I gave the other bird feeder to Mark to take to the fire pit area.


Tomatoes are appearing!



Peppers are appearing!


See the beginnings of that little pepper?


Woodpecker was first to visit the refilled feeder.


We had a thunder storm this afternoon.  It was nice sitting on the deck and listening to the rain on the metal deck roof.





The baby wrens are getting big!  Mark thinks they may take flight this week!




If you look at the tire in the middle of the picture and bring your eyes straight up, you will see where we have hung the bird feeder for now.

Mark added the slide to the side of the swing set for now.


A man and his dog.














I got a "Veggetti" spaghetti maker.  I got it to turn zucchini into spaghetti.  So, I tried it tonight for our supper.  I was very pleased with how it worked!  I cooked it in some avocado oil with garlic, salt and pepper and Italian spice.  I had some leftover hamburger with marinara sauce that I heated up with the "spaghetti" after the spaghetti was done.


Add some cheese and eat!  It was delicious!  The only thing missing was garlic bread!



Here's a couple of audio books I have listened to lately.  Mesu Andrews is definitely an author that I recommend for Christian fiction!



And that's a wrap for our Sunday!  Praying you have a blessed week!

No comments: