Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Sister Time

My sister from Florida is spending the week with me.  She leaves after work on Thursday and drives as long as she can before stopping for a few hours of sleep.  Then she continues the trip.  She arrived around 9:45 a.m. on Friday.  That gives us a whole week together.  And since she is here, I try to arrange my kids and their families to come for the weekend.  Since it is a holiday weekend it gives everyone an extra day, which is nice.

Yesterday she and I worked on a Thomas Kincaid jigsaw puzzle.  Today we played Rummi Kub and Kings in the Corner.  After Mark finished working in the woods after work he played some Rummi Kub with us.

Tomorrow we will go and visit Ilene and probably play some more Rummi Kub.

The weather has been beautiful this week!  Lower temperatures and low humidity!

Here are a few pictures from today and then a few more from last weekend's family gathering.  There are also some bird pictures I took over the weekend.  And there is a layout I created for a challenge at O'Scraps at the very end.

Rummi Kub

Enjoying the temps outside

 
Terry, Kim, Jeanne, me, Jessica, Michael, Raven, Jennifer

Jeanne, my forever mother-in-law

Ryan and Chance

Abby and Araya

Sally, Araya, Hank

Beautiful Jones family

Hilary and Billary at church

Chillaxing in Ryan's room

Beautiful Jessica, my first born.

I think Thad and Ryan are the only ones with open eyes in this shot from church

Tufted titmouse

Nut hatch

Hairy woodpecker, different from the Downy woodpecker who's beak is much shorter.

Nut hatch

Little chickadee

Mr. Cardinal

Red-headed woodpecker

Chickadee trying out the fruit

chickadee

Robin red breast

Mr. House finch

Mr. Cardinal

chipmunk looking for bird seeds that have fallen to the ground

Little chipmunk filling his cheeks

Big Photo June Challenge #1 https://oscraps.com/community/threads/june-challenge-1-big-photo.33782/

 

May Fab Friday Color Play Products

Lavandula Paper Pack by Maya de Groot https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Lavandula.html

Life is Rosy Mini Kit by Idgie's Heartsong https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Life-is-Rosy-A-Color-Play-Mini-Kit-by-Idgie-s-Heartsong.html

Magnificent Mini Kit by AFT https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Magnificent-Mini-Kit.html

Magnificent Watercolor Embellishments by AFT https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Magnificent-Watercolor-Embellishments.html

Font is Freestyle Script

 

The background paper is from the Lavandula paper pack.

I used the overlay blend on the rose stamp then duplicated the layer and grouped with the journal card, each from Life is Rosy.

I used a watercolor element from the Magnificent kit as a photo clipping mask, duplicated so the photo would not be so transparent.

I recolored the word art from the Magnificent kit.

The flower in the journaling cluster is from Magnificent Watercolor Embellishments.

The border paper, ribbon and thread is from Life is Rosy, as is the knotted ribbon and thread in the journaling cluster.


How do you like those sweet faces?  Makes me smile!
Have a great day tomorrow!


No comments: