Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Christmas Gathering 2021

It IS the most wonderful time of the year.......whenever the family can gather!  Everyone was able to come except the youngest one, Nathanael.  Tim's sister was able to come and be with us, too, this year.  We missed her mom who died just over 2 months ago.  Another empty chair!

Love your parents

And treat them with loving care

For you will only know their value

When you see their empty chair!

We didn't get to spend as much time together this year because of everyone arriving a bit later on Friday than usual due to this or that.  But we were able to spend the whole day together today, Saturday.  Michael and his family will leave for home tomorrow morning while the rest of us will attend church together at Hillcrest.  Then we will go out to lunch and then part ways.  

And since today was Ryan's 15th birthday, we celebrated that, too.  This picture is of Tim holding Ryan in the hospital.  Ryan and Tim were "birthday buddies" since they shared birth dates.


We didn't do a lot today, but we enjoyed just chilling and talking around the dining room table.  Tonight before the kids headed to the woods (at Liz and Brad's) we got our family photo.  The kids have learned to make the first one a good one so they don't have to keep hanging around for dozens of photos until they get it right.  Even Hank got in on the action.  Look at those beautiful faces!


Yes, it's a MOST wonderful time of the year!  I love you all dearly!  Thank You, LORD, for such a wonderful group of people that I am privileged to call FAMILY!

No comments: