Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Family Weekend

I posted the Family Photo yesterday.  Today I will break down the happenings from the weekend.

Friday, December 17, 2021

We had one less day to be together this year since this was not the holiday weekend.  Jessica's kids were still in school so she couldn't leave Ohio until 4 pm.  So, they got in after 10 p.m. and dropped Jennifer (my forever sister-in-law) off, staying for a few minutes before heading over to Ilene's for the night.  

Michael and family had to leave Alabama later because of a veterinary appointment, so that put them arriving a bit later, too.  They were still able to come to the house for a little while before bedtime, however.  

Elisabeth and family came over and brought Ryan's dirt bike and the family 4-wheeler.  And Hannah's friend, Catherine, came. 

We gathered at the pit area of our woods and roasted hot dogs over the fire and marshmallows for s'mores.  The kids played on the dirt bike and 4-wheeler.

After Elisabeth and family headed home, Michael and family stayed and we came back to the house to visit for awhile.  They left before Jessica and kids and Jennifer got here.

It had rained a little during the day, but the temperature was pretty warm......70, I believe!



We had a herd of curious, onlookers!







Up close and personal!


A big THANK YOU to my man for working so hard to provide the family a place of enjoyment at the pits! 😘😍





A beautiful, hazy full moon night.


Saturday, December 18, 2021

It rained off and on most of the day which kept us at Liz and Brad's all day.  But we had plenty of food and enjoyed just relaxing and talking and eating!

The menu was smoked pork butt (thanks to Brad!  It was YUMMY!), chicken, cheesy potato casserole, baked beans, roasted veggies, deviled eggs, cole slaw, Hawaiian sweet rolls, chips, cookies, brownies, muffins and an ice cream cake for Ryan's birthday!














After we took the group picture, the kids and adults (women.....not me) played a bit of hide-n-scare in the Palmer woods.....


I heard a few screams from the house!  This "homeless" person went home with us!  😁😁

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Usually when Jessica and family are here visiting, Elisabeth and family come to our church to be able to spend more time together.  After church we go to lunch together and then Jessica heads back to Ohio.  Today was no exception.  

I also like to get pictures of everyone at church.









And that ends (too quickly) another great weekend with family!  Thank You, LORD, for the wonderful blessing called FAMILY!

No comments: