Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Miscellaneous Scrapbook Pages

I've been working on some miscellaneous scrapbook pages for a different scrapbook site, Just Art Scrapbooking, using their challenges as inspiration.

I did this first page for the Big Photo Challenge.  I got the inspiration for this poem from the first line of another poem I found on the web.  I love walking down the road that leads to our fire pits, especially and mostly in the fall.  (Any other time is usually too hot or too cold!)  It is so peaceful.  I look for squirrels and birds and the beautiful leaves, of course.  The woodpeckers were really talking while I walked last Wednesday.  And the bluejays were scattering.  Neither stayed still long enough for me to get pictures of them.  And, believe it or not, I did not see one squirrel!



This page was done for the Clean and Simple Challenge.  What that means is usually very few embellishments plus a photo, title and maybe some journaling.  I took this photo at the edge of the property before entering the woods.  I love the addition of the sun rays!



This page was done for the Color Challenge.  This month's color was.....I'll bet you can guess.....orange!  :D  I love seeing pictures of the grandkids and seeing how much they have grown and changed!



I cheated on this layout, done for the Finish the Sentence + 1 Challenge.  The challenge host gives you the beginning of a sentence, which you complete.  The +1 is something the host wants you to include on your page.  The sentence to complete for the challenge this month was, "Sometimes you just have to........"   And the + 1 was to add scribbles to your page.  I had done this page originally back in 2015 for a challenge at The Digi Chick.  So, the only thing I did was add my sentence and some scribble marks which you can see behind the sentence on the green paper.



This page was done for the Mask Challenge.  A mask is a shape you "clip" your picture or something to.  The challenge host is a designer who provides the mask she wants you to use on your page.  The masks shown here are the shapes I have placed in the corners.....upper left and lower right.  I left the middle open to add the poem to.  The tree I clipped to the lower right one is another picture I took in the woods last Wednesday, as is the one with the leaves on the ground.  I changed the saturation of color on the top photo to make it coordinate with the tree more.



This page was done for the Mini Kit Challenge.  The host provides a kit for you to use in creating your page.  The photo is of a walnut that has fallen to the ground in the road that leads to the back of the property so you can enter the woods.  The walnut trees are between our property and the neighbors' property on the right side of the house.



This page was done for the Quote Challenge.  The host gives you some quotes to choose from as your inspiration for your page.  The quotes follow a particular theme for the month.  Or you can choose your own quote to go along with the theme for the month.  


I don't post all of the pages here that I do through the month.  If you want to see what else I have been doing through the month, scroll back up to the top of the page here and click on the link to the right for "Today's Scrap."  You will see the pages I have done for the site I "work" for.  What I mean by that is that I am part of the Creative Team for the O'Scraps designers.  When I create pages using their kits I post them around to different places on the web, like Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc., as "advertisement" for the kits.  And in doing so the site allows me to use their kits free of charge.  But for every kit I download I have to use the kit within one week of downloading it.  I also have to comment on other layouts in the gallery and be active on the site.  Not a bad deal at all, IMHO!

So, to any of my scrapbooking friends who read this, if you are interested in joining the creative team, contact Ona (wombat146 is her user name) at the O'Scraps site.  She is my "boss."


I pulled my knitting back out this week.  I started a lap blanket last year that I didn't get finished.  I want to finish it this year.  Since the weather is turning cooler again I will begin working on it.  I'm working it in a basket weave pattern.  It will be for Mark, but I don't really see him using it because I think it will be too hot for him.  But it doesn't matter.  I can use it on our couch.

We had company for dinner last Thursday, so I got the house pretty well cleaned up.  So, this week I am also hoping to do some "playing" out in my craft building!  We shall see!  It depends on how cold it gets.  The only heat I have is a space heater which I basically have to practically sit on for it to do any good!  And even at that, my feet are usually cold.  We shall see!

What kind of plans do you have for Thanksgiving this year?  We will be staying in town and going to Mark's daughter's new house.  Every other year we go to my daughter's house in Ohio.

Can you believe that we now have less than 2 months until Christmas?!  That also means that 2 months from November 1st will be January 1, 2022!  Can you believe it?!  WOW!  How time flies the older you get!

Speaking of getting older, my dad would be 93 today if he were still living here on earth.  Happy birthday in heaven, Dad!  Love and miss you!

And that's a wrap for me today!  Praying each and everyone of you has a blessed week!

No comments: