Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, October 16, 2021

Obituary

Jeanne Adele (Day) Schneider, age 88, of Columbus, Ohio, joined her husband, Kenneth Schneider, her parents, sister, and son in heaven on Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at Mt. Carmel-Grove City Hospital. She was born in Sewickley, Pennsylvania on September 7, 1933, to the late Harry and Adele (Demarest) Day. Upon graduation from Meadville High School, she went to work in a small doctor's office where she met her lifelong best friend, Muriel "Murt" Collier of Highland Haven, Texas. Until her passing, the friends emailed every day and stayed in close contact. As a young woman, Jeanne married Charles "Chuck" Day of Taylorsport, Kentucky and had to forever explain with a smile that while they shared the same last name, they were not related and met while he was a young man serving in the Navy. Jeanne went on to graduate from nursing school and had a long career as a nurse caring for others. Upon retirement, she enjoyed spending time with family and friends. Jeanne's love of the Jersey shore came from spending many summers at a beach house in Pt. Pleasant Beach as a child. That love of the shore was passed to her children while the family lived in Pt. Pleasant for many years. Preceded in death by her parents, her husband, sister Phyllis (Ben) Goble, and oldest son Timothy Day. Jeanne will be deeply missed by daughter Jennifer Day, sons Jonathan (Leslie) Day and Jeffrey (Linda) Day, forever daughter-in-law, Vicky (Mark) Whittemore, niece Cindy Ottervanger, nephews Larry Goble and Gary Goble, grandchildren Jessica (Terry) Jones, Michael (Jessica) Day, Elisabeth (Brad) Palmer, Nathanael (Samantha) Day, Christopher Day, Amy (Billy) Byrnes, Brandon Day and twelve great grandchildren. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to one of Jeanne's favorite charities, DAV - Disabled American Veterans, P.O. Box 14301, Cincinnati, OH 45250-0301. Please visit www.schoedinger.com to share memories and condolences. Funeral arrangements entrusted to SCHOEDINGERNORTHWEST.  Both places record this obituary and photos and comments.

Photos of Jeanne spending Memorial Day Weekend 2021 with family in North Carolina.









Photos of Jeanne as the family gathered in Kentucky to celebrate the 90th birthday of Charles Day, her children's father.





I pray you are resting in peace.  You will be missed!

No comments: