Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Our Weekend

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Mark left work at noon so we could get everything done around the house before heading to Myrtle Beach to see our newest grandson, Kingston Gauge Whittemore.

On our way out of town we went to Ryan's soccer game at Gospel Light Christian School.  They lost 7 to 2.  The other team seemed to be way more experienced.  The game was supposed to start at 4 but the officials didn't even arrive until 4:40!  The game was over around 6:15.  Here are some pictures:

Warm Up and Practice:

























The game:









When we left the house it was pouring rain.  We figured the game would be called, but it hadn't even rained at Gospel Light.  The longer we sat there, however, the more sprinkles turned to a light rain....stopped for quite awhile and then sprinkled some more.  Never enough to stop the game.




I took these pictures trying to capture a rainbow, but it was not colorful enough for the camera to pick up.



We ran into more rain as we traveled, but it wasn't too bad.



We stopped for a potty break and to eat at Hardees around 7:30 and were back on the road again by 8.  We arrived here at 10:30.  It was 2 or after before we finally got in bed.


Friday, October 8, 2021

Happy 66th birthday to me!



6 Months


1 year


2 years


Almost 3 years


1962


1963


1964

We slept in this morning, rising at 9:30 with a phone call to wish me happy birthday!  I was mainly awake, anyway!

We ate breakfast at the house and hung around until maybe 12:00 when we headed to Sunset Beach to walk a bit and get some pictures.  Then we came back to Calabash to look for a restaurant.  We passed a couple of thrift stores and Mark stopped for me.  But we found nothing!

We ate lunch at Beck's Seafood Restaurant.  Mark got seafood and I got chicken strips.  Very good!





Do you see it?



























































We didn't see any rain during the day, but while we were waiting at the house to leave for Jase's football practice Allen let us know it was raining and that practice had been cancelled.  So I put on my comfy lounging clothes.  Then Allen invited us to come over, so we went and I just left my lounging clothes on.

We held the baby.  Allen and Brittany fixed supper and we just hung out til around 9:45 before coming back to Calabash.  We did our nightly devotions and I worked on the computer while Mark finished watching a movie he had started before we went to Allen's around 6.  Our night will NOT be as long as it was last night!

The night sky was beautiful as we headed south from Calabash, NC to Myrtle Beach, SC.












These are pictures Jase took.  He did a good job!  Zorman, the dog, was funny as he posed for the pictures on the top corner of the couch.  He is a mix between a Jack Russel and a German Shepherd.





And, that was my birthday day!

Saturday, October 9, 2021


Today we hung out at the house until the afternoon when we left to watch Jase play football.  We ate freezer meals that I brought and played games and watched TV and worked on the computer.

At 4:00 we got ready to leave by 4:30.




It looked like it was going to rain, but it never did.  It certainly was chilly, however!

















Videos:






 







After the game we went to Little Tokyo Restaurant where we met Brittany's mom and dad.  It was fun to watch the chef do his "tricks" with his cooking utensils and the food!  I took a video of his antics, but it is too large to post.



Sunday, October 10, 2021


Today we travel back home.  We slept in, finished packing up and cleaning up.  We listened to our pastor as we traveled.  It was a good weekend and it flew by!


No comments: