Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Hidding in Thee

Hiding in Me

We went back to Damascus Baptist Church tonight to hear Brother David Morris again.  He is preaching a series on the 7 churches in the first few chapters of Revelation.  He used a 4-point outline for each church:  

  • Identification (of the Lord)
  • Inventory (of the works of the church)
  • Instruction (from the Lord to the church)
  • Invitation (to the church)

Very interesting messages!

One hymn we sang tonight (I loved all of the hymns we sang) touched my heart:

 "Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah". Psalms 32:7. 

 "Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word."  Psalms 119:114. 

Hiding in Thee
by William O. Cushing (1823-1902)

1.     O safe to the Rock that is higher than I,
My soul in its conflicts and sorrows would fly;
Alone I would perish, undone would I be;
Thou blest "Rock of Ages," I'm hiding in Thee.
Hiding in Thee, hiding in Thee,
Thou blest "Rock of Ages," I'm hiding in Thee. 

2.     In the calm of the noontide, in sorrow's lone hour,
In times when temptation casts o'er me its pow'r;
In the tempests of life, on its wide, heaving sea,
Thou blest "Rock of Ages," I'm hiding in Thee.
Hiding in Thee, hiding in Thee,
Thou blest "Rock of Ages," I'm hiding in Thee. 

3.     How oft in the conflict, when pressed by the foe,
I have fled to my Refuge and breathed out my woe;
How often, when trials like sea billows roll,
Have I hidden in Thee, O Thou Rock of my soul.
Hiding in Thee, hiding in Thee,
Thou blest "Rock of Ages," I'm hiding in Thee.

Isn't it wonderful to know that the God of the universe is watching over you?  And that nothing that happens to us slips by Him?  He sees and knows every circumstance of our lives and He is working all things for our good and His glory.  He is THE Rock in my life.  Without Him I would be walking through life on sinking sand.....quick sand!  But I don't have to worry, I don't have to fret.  No matter what happens I can hide in Him!  Thank You, LORD, for loving me with an everlasting love!


On the Home Front

Ilene and I made a trip to COSTCO today.  We needed dog food and a few other items ($150 + worth of a few items!).  Ilene picked up a few items, too.

After COSTCO we stopped at Randy's for a late lunch.  I ordered some for Mark, too, who was home working on his truck.

After I dropped her off I headed home.


Mark heads back to work tomorrow!  I've got paperwork to do first and then I have to make a run to Walmart for some things.  Afterwards I may go to my dear friend, Carolyn's house to play Rummikub with her and Ilene.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

 

No comments: