Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thanksgiving 2021

This was our year to stay in NC and share Thanksgiving with Mark's daughter, Jenifer.  She was so looking forward to having the meal at her new home.  She tested positive for covid week before last and it turned into double pneumonia for her.  She has been feeling pretty rotten.  She had to go to the hospital for an antibiotic infusion where the nurse told her she would feel worse for the next 24-48 hours and then she would begin to feel better.  I told her that we would not be offended if she didn't feel like having company today.  She said the food was already ordered from Cracker Barrel and she still had to eat.  She told me what she had ordered and I added a few things to the menu, including a sugar free cake, brussels sprouts, sweet potato casserole and cranberry sauce.  Mark ordered a pork shoulder.  It all was delicious!  We didn't stay very long after cleaning up the meal because of Jenifer not feeling great!

Here are the pictures I got from today:


It looks like the planes were playing tic tac toe in the sky!

The horses and mule are expecting food!

The tablecloths were able to be colored.

Adam worked in the kitchen.












And that was our Thanksgiving celebration.  Thank You, LORD, for Your many blessing through another year!

No comments: