Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

For Such a Time As This?

The kids of this generation.


The oldest and youngest grandchild of mine are missing from this photo from Memorial Day weekend 2020.

The youngest - Addy 11/20/20

The oldest - Michael April 2019


I have often made the statement, "I feel sorry for parents raising kids in this day and age."  However, after reading something that was shared on Facebook today, I change my mind.  In my statement, I was leaving God out of the equation.  God IS the equation!  God is the One writing history.  That means He has a purpose and a plan for the kids in this day and age the same as He had a plan for my kids and the same as He had a plan for me and my peers.  And if you are reading this, He is still working His plan for you!

I don't think my grandparents were church attenders, but God changed that with my parents.  I'm so thankful He did!  The light is continuing to shine, too, as most of my grandkids have made a profession of faith, thank You, LORD!  They are the ones to shine the light and carry the torch for their generation "in this day and age."  So, parents..........

"Don’t feel sorry for or fear for your kids because the world they are going to grow up in is not what it used to be.

God created them and called them for the exact moment in time that they’re in. Their life wasn’t a coincidence or an accident.
Raise them up to know the power they walk in as children of God.
Train them up in the authority of His Word.
Teach them to walk in faith knowing that God is in control.
Empower them to know they can change the world.
Don’t teach them to be fearful and disheartened by the state of the world but hopeful that they can do something about it.
Every person in all of history has been placed in the time that they were in because of God’s sovereign plan.
He knew Daniel could handle the lions den.
He knew David could handle Goliath.
He knew Esther could handle Haman.
He knew Peter could handle persecution.
He knows that your child can handle whatever challenge they face in their life. He created them specifically for it!
Don’t be scared for your children, but be honored that God chose YOU to parent the generation that is facing the biggest challenges of our lifetime.
Rise up to the challenge.
Raise Daniels, Davids, Esthers and Peters!
God isn’t scratching His head wondering what He’s going to do with this mess of a world.
He has an army He’s raising up to drive back the darkness and make Him known all over the earth.
Don’t let your fear steal the greatness God placed in them. I know it’s hard to imagine them as anything besides our sweet little babies, and we just want to protect them from anything that could ever be hard on them, but they were born for such a time as this."

~Alex Cravens 

"For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"  Esther 4:14

Lord, I pray You will do great things through my grandchildren.  I pray the ones who have not yet trusted in You will do so soon.  I pray the ones who have will lean hard on You as they grow and take their place in society!  May their lights shine brightly for You!  AMEN!

No comments: