Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Gardening

I am amazed at how well my snow peas are growing!



The tallest vines are about 18" tall or more!  They look so nice and healthy and are grabbing onto the twine with their tiny little tendrils!  It is exciting to watch them grow by leaps and bounds since they sprouted on May 2nd and 3rd!  It will be the first of July, according to the packet, before they reach maturity!  I am assuming that means I will be able to pick peas at that time!  So, the next exciting event will be to see the pea blossoms!

I was afraid when I saw the leaves had white on them because I had been watering them with a spray nozzle then read that you should water them at the soil instead so that powdery mildew would not form.  But, the markings on my peas' leaves is in the leaf itself, and according to what I read the powdery mildew will wipe off.  Nothing comes off of my peas' leaves when I wipe them!  WHEW!!




And, take a look at my rows of lettuce, which need to be thinned out!








I planted 4 different kinds.  I had to pull them out of the direct sunlight because they were not growing much.  But, they have started to take off since moving them!  I definitely need to thin the rows!  I have chives planted in between the rows of lettuce.  That is supposed to help with pests.  They are just getting started as I planted the chives later than the lettuce.


I don't have a picture of it, but I have blooms and a cherry tomato on the vine/bush!




I'm surprised I have blooms already because the plant is not very tall!  My other Big Boy tomato plant is not doing that well.  And I ended up pulling up the patio tomato plant that I ordered from Florida because it died!  My pepper plant I ordered from Florida is not growing, either, so I won't be surprised if I end up having to pull it up.  I won't order any more plants from there.  However, the lemon grass and red canas are growing well that I got from the same place.  So, who knows what happened to the veggies!  The red milkweed plant is not doing well from there, either.


Here's what the garden looked like on 5/11.  I'll take another picture tomorrow.




Right tier above:

See how small the peas are in the back on the right side, compared to the photo of them above?

In front of the peas I planted yellow squash and zucchini.  The bigger plants behind them are oregano plants.

In front of the squash is a cucumber plant and some baby butternut squash.  At this point, they have yellow leaves which means too much watering, so I've toned that down some.

Left tier above:

Top row contains the cherry tomato and big boy tomato and the pepper I ordered from Florida, which is no bigger now than when I planted it.....you can't really see it in the picture.  Also some basil.

The middle row contains 2 pepper plants and the patio tomato that I pulled up.  There's also some basil.

In the bottom I planted spaghetti squash and butternut squash.  No yellow leaves on them yet!

I have also scattered the chive seeds with the tomatoes (pest control).  I also have added nasturtium plants around here and there (adding flavor, I think).   The marigolds around the bottom are supposed to keep the rabbits away!  So far so good!


Wedding!

Mark's son, Allen, got married on Friday in Charleston, SC on a yacht, The Carolina Girl.  The wedding party was huge!  Eight bridesmaids and groomsmen.  I loved the outfits the guys wore!  The gals' dress was a beautiful blue.




Beautiful bride, Brittany



I now pronounce you man and wife

Bronx and Jase

Brittany's son, Bronx and Allen's son, Jase

Brittany's mom and dad

Allen's mom and grandma (mom's mom)


Mark's daughter, son and grandchildren


Other photos from the cruise:







A floating tiki bar??!!

Aircraft carrier


My hair was all over my head all night!

Beautiful sunset.

Jenifer, Mark's daughter, next to Heather, Michael's wife, and their children, Bella and Dakota.


We left Charleston around 11 a.m. and got home around 3:30 p.m.  It was a good trip!


Stone Mountain in Roaring Gap, NC

Today after church we rode the bike to Stone Mountain State Park in Roaring Gap, NC.  We stopped at Arby's on the way for lunch.  By the time we got there it was getting pretty warm and the hiking to see the mountain was not very desirable!  So, I took a few pictures while Mark used the men's room, we took a selfie and then we left.  I told Mark I could get a picture of the mountain from the internet.


Photo from Wikipedia


We left at 1:25 this afternoon and got back around 6, traveling 160 miles round trip.

And now for what I will be doing this week.....preparing for our get together for Memorial Day.  This is actually our make-up Christmas get together that COVID messed up.....twice!  I pray the LORD sees fit to allow us to meet.

Have a great week!

No comments: