Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, May 20, 2021

To Have and To Hold

We traveled to Charleston, SC today.  The occasion is Mark's son, Allen, is getting married tomorrow, Friday, May 21, 2021.   The wedding is being held on a yacht.  I'm looking forward to sharing this occasion with them!  I'm hoping to get some great pictures, too!  I want to get some Dramamine.....just in case..... since my stomach is weird with my IBS.


Engagement Feb. 8, 2020


It was a beautiful day for traveling.  We came in the car, but the weather would have been perfect for the bike.  We couldn't ride the bike, however, because we brought lots of things to leave with Allen.

We left the house about 12:15 this afternoon.  Mark worked a half day so we wouldn't be too late arriving here at the BNB.  We waited until we got through the traffic mess around Charlotte, NC before we stopped for "lunch" at Bojangles around 2.

There was a bad traffic accident on 26 so we got off the freeway and took the back roads the rest of the way in.  It took us an extra hour plus, but at least we were moving and the scenery was better!  We arrived at the BNB around 6:30.  After we got unpacked and organized, we decided to go to Panera Bread for supper because I was in the mood for soup and it was less than a mile away from the BNB on the same road!

After we got back to the BNB we watched a bit of TV before doing our evening devotions.  Mark has crashed and I am about to as soon as I post this.

In other news, I've been having problems with my phone not wanting to charge.  I thought I had fixed the problem after buying a new battery.  However, I could not get it to charge again last night.  And I know it is not the charger because they do charge the phone.....when the phone will let them!

I tried again this morning after I rebooted it.  Nothing.  So, I sent the kids a text to let them know we were taking a trip this weekend and if they needed me they would have to contact me through Mark's phone.  I guess I will have to buy a new phone next week.  This one is less than 3 years old, too, which is aggravating!  I hate dealing with learning how to operate a new phone!  Such is life!

Have a great weekend!




No comments: