Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, May 16, 2021

Being a Mother

On Being a Mother:

Before I expound on this topic a bit, here are the credits for this layout.

All products used by Foxey Squirrel at O'Scraps, found in her shop here: https://www.oscraps.com/shop/Foxeysquirrel/
Individual products used include:
Branchlet 1
Feathers 2
Christie's Garden
Flower Essence
French Lace
Ripped Strips
Butterflying
Photo Mask
Freebie
Pale Backgrounds
Feather Splatter
Fonts Arial Narrow and Adulsa  Photo is mine, taken in 1986 while on vacation.

In this photo, Jessica is 6, Michael is 5, Elisabeth is almost 3, Nathanael is 1 and I am very tired at 30!

 
"Being a mother means that your heart is no longer yours; it wanders wherever your children do." ~ George Bernard Shaw

This statement is so true! You want your children to be a viable, productive member of society, so you begin their training when they are very young so that one day they can leave home.

Their second word, after DaDa, is No!.....as they wag their head back and forth.....imitating your instructions to them. And you pray as they take their spot in society that they say, NO! to all the harmful things, and YES! to God.

The years fly by, way too quickly!

And then it happens.....that thing you've been training them for.....they leave home. And your heart goes out the door with them! And you pray that the training follows them out the door, too!

I love being a mother! I also love that my mothering years are over.....basically! I still offer advice, but only when I'm asked, usually! I am not "one of those" mothers/mother-in-laws. I will offer a word if I am concerned about something.

I'm happy to say that these children have turned out to be productive members of society. The Lord has blessed them immensely! I'm proud to be able to say and admit that they are my children! Thank You, LORD, for Your protective hand on each of them! Thank You for fixing the mistakes I made as a mother!

P.S. I would love to have an opportunity to re-create this photo. I just don't know how I would be able to fit Nathanael on my lap now! 😉

No comments: