Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, September 27, 2021

Creeped Out!

Hello, Monday!  What an absolutely GORGEOUS day!  It ended up in the low 80's, but was a perfect day!

I got up at 7:30.  While cleaning up the kitchen, I listened to my Bible reading for the day (I'm listening to it in chronological order this year on Daily Audio Bible Chronological pod cast) and listened to the recap of the reading with Tara Leigh Cobble on The Bible Recap.

After getting the kitchen cleaned up, I started the laundry.  While waiting on the laundry, I cleaned up my email and read my Facebook notifications.

I also made the bed and emptied the trash from the bathroom and living room and kitchen.

I worked on the garden some.....watering the lettuce/chives container, tomatoes, peppers and basil.  One of the tomato branches broke from the weight of the tomatoes, so I cut it and stuck it on one of the pots on the deck railing, hoping that the constant exposure to water would help the tomatoes survive.  I'm hoping the plant will take root and survive!  The one that was in the pot was transplanted to live with the nasturtiums since it had developed a good root system in the pot.

I also trimmed back some of the basil that had flowered and grown so tall.  There are 4 peppers on the plant I will have to keep a watch on that they don't ruin.  I am removing the tomatoes from the vine as soon as they begin to turn colors hoping to keep the tops of them from splitting which has been a problem with just about everyone of them.

I made Mark a No-Crust Pumpkin Pie today using Stevia and almond flour instead of sugar and white flower.  He said it was good.  I won't eat any because I don't care for artificial sweeteners.  I forgot to take a picture.

When Mark got home from work, I went to the craft shed to play while he cut the grass.  I didn't get much playing done because when I opened my stamp drawers to search for some rubber stamps I was bombarded with hoards of ants!  BIG, black ants!  There were 5 or 6 queens hiding with them!  It was disgusting and really creeped me out!  I posted a short video below.

Please keep praying for Jeanne Day.  Jennifer told me today that Jeanne thinks she might have a fractured hip as her left leg hurts to even move it!  Jennifer said she has asked the nursing/rehab facility to x-ray it 3 times to no avail, so Jennifer is going to contact the doctor tomorrow to see if something will be done.

That is a wrap of my day!  Hope your day was a good one!  Enjoy the photos of mine!


The red canna lilies that I planted in the spring have multiplied and are blooming like crazy!


The grass still had dew on it when I took this picture.  Oh, what a beautiful morning!


The 3 smaller tomatoes are the ones I took off of the broken branch so I could stick it in the pot on the deck railing.  The worst thing to happen is that I have to fix them as fried green tomatoes!


This is the pot I put the broken branch in.  This picture shows 3 tomatoes.


This picture shows 3 more tomatoes.  So 6 tomatoes plus the 3 I removed.....you can see why the spindley branch snapped.



This is the plant the branch broke off of.  There are LOTS of tomatoes on it!


This is all new from the bottom of the vine.  I clipped off most of the original vine.  I wasn't going to succor this one, but I may have to for it to bloom.



There are 2 tomatoes on the last vine from the original plant.  Just as soon as they start to turn I will remove them and cut the old branch off.



This is the container that I grew the lettuce in.  The chives are finally getting to be a good size.  I need to find out when to harvest it and how to save it.


At Walmart last week I bought some pumpkin spice wax cubes.  I got this potpourri melting pot from Elisabeth after she got rid of her Americana stuff from their old house in Salisbury.  The dish had cinnamon potpourri in it, so I decided to add the pumpkin spice to it to mix the scents.  It smelled pretty good, but I'm glad I cannot smell very well because I think it would have been too strong for me!


The wax is melted by a light bulb in the bottom portion of the potpourri melter.



And last but not least, I present to you........ANTS!  They scurried away when I lifted up the rubber stamps.  They have been eating the cushion between the stamp and the wooden block.  Don't watch the video if you are easily creeped out.....like I was!  You should have seen me dancing around trying to stomp all of the ants when I dumped them in the floor!





 And now I'll try to sleep without dreaming about ants crawling all over me!

Good night!  Have a great day tomorrow!

No comments: