Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Lunch Date

Mark and I went to lunch today.  It was nice to get to sit down in the restaurant and eat and it gave Mark a chance to get away from work for a little while.  We don't stay out long, just long enough to eat, but it is a nice break in the day!  We both got chopped BBQ sandwiches.


When we came back from lunch, we saw these guys and gals chowing down on a deer carcus.  YUMMY!  I thought of the verse, Matthew 6:26, "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"




 

I enjoyed being with my lunch date much more!  At least I didn't have to fight over my food!


Speaking of food, I've been fixing sweet potato fries.  We love them!  After I cut them up, I pour olive oil over them and stir them around to make sure they are all coated.  Then I cook them on 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.  Add some salt and pepper and enjoy!  They are so much better than the frozen ones!  I think fresh is always better!  And better for you!





Here are a couple of pictures that I took tonight.  I am hoping you can see the spots in the pictures.  They are red and green to the naked eye.  Maybe if you click on the pictures you will be able to enlarge them to see the little glowing spots.  Mark noticed these spots in the trees last year, too.  Here's the explanation of what they are from the internet:

"I believe that what you are seeing is called "Foxfire."  This glowing is caused by certain species of fungi that cause wood rot.  These same fungi are also bioluminescent.  

You can also read about it on Wikipedia HERE.








I listened to another Terri Blackstock book today, entitled, "Covenant Child."  Very good book!

Our pastor is still not 100% healthy, so he did the evening service tonight from his study at home.  I'll be glad when all of the sickness is behind us and we can meet again!  I miss the fellowship with our brothers and sisters in Christ!

And that's a wrap for today!  Thank You, LORD, for your blessings on me!


No comments: