Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Lift Up Your Heads! Redemption Draweth Nigh!

Since Elisabeth and family are getting ready to move, I had some boxes to take to her for the packing.  I had a few boxes here at the house but most of the boxes were from the parsonage from where I had not used them all from Joy and Sharon collecting them for me.

Since I was going to meet Liz for lunch, I figured Ilene would love to go along since she loves the kids and Elisabeth, too!  We met at Cracker Barrel. 



Just a few boxes.........


On the way to church on Wednesday, the clouds and the sun together were beautiful!  You know I love taking cloud pictures.  It's even better when the rays of the sun are shining through them!  And coming through storm clouds, the rays are spectacular!



When I see the rays of the sun coming through the clouds, I always think of the song, "Redemption Draweth Nigh!"   "And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh" (Luke 21:28).

Here's the song:

Years of time have come and gone
Since I first heard it told
How Jesus would come again some day
If back then it seemed so real
Then I just can’t help but feel
How much closer His coming is today

CHORUS:
Signs of the times are everywhere
There’s a brand new feeling in the air
Keep your eyes upon the eastern sky
Lift up your head redemption draweth nigh

Wars and strife on every hand
And violence fills our land
Still some people doubt He’ll ever come again
But the Word of God is true
He’ll redeem His chosen few
Don’t lose hope soon Christ Jesus will descend

Even so, COME, LORD Jesus!


LOVE the silhouette of the church against the clouds!




Today, my day began with a smoothie!  And what better thing to go with a smoothie than reading God's Word!  The rest of the day was spent working on the computer desk in the bedroom that houses my books, etc., and cleaning off the top of my dresser, fixing guacamole and supper.

And, speaking of guacamole......
Jessica Ann, the guacamole turned out pretty well!  Mark likes it......except, that might not mean anything, lol!  (Right, sweetie?)  Here's the recipe:

Guacamole
(Dr. Livingood Recipe)
Yields 2 cups

Ingredients:
3 ripe avocados
Juice of 1 line
1 clove garlic (minced) or garlic powder/salt
salt and pepper to taste
1 Roma tomato (diced)
1/4 c. cilantro (fresh chopped) or 2 T. dried
1/8 c. red onion (finely diced)
Optional:  jalapenos (diced)

Mix avocado, lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper well until smooth consistency.  Add in diced tomatoes, cilantro, and red onion and mix well.  Serve with veggies such as carrots, cucumbers, bell peppers, or celery.



Have a great weekend!

No comments: