Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, June 25, 2020

To Do, To Do, To Do.......

Do you ever feel like the To Do list for home projects is never ending but always growing?  Sometimes it seems like one thing gets taken care of and 3 others take its place on the list.  Tis the life of homeowners, I suppose!

We have talked about the septic tank needing to be emptied, but it became very apparent in May when the family came for Memorial Day weekend that we needed to do something soon.  We had to have the family throw their toilet paper into the trash can if they peed and don't flush.  "If it's brown, send it down.  If it's yellow, let it mellow!"

This week we got the job done!  Mark found where the septic tank was earlier in the week and today it was pumped!


Mark began filling it back in tonight after flushing a couple of times to make sure it was going into the septic tank.


And speaking of flushing and having to add items to the To Do list.............

A couple of weeks ago, as some friends were arriving for supper, the flushing mechanism to the toilet messed up by breaking off of the flush handle!  OY VEY!!  So, we have the lid off the back of the commode and are using the broken arm inside the tank to pull up until Mark can get it fixed.

And the list goes on!  And the list goes on!

Such is life on planet Earth!  :D

Tomorrow Mark and I are going to Salisbury to help Brad and Elisabeth move furniture to storage and the boxes and totes Liz and I packed up this week.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Thank You, LORD, for a great week!


No comments: