Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, June 15, 2020

Weekend Happenings

Another family weekend.  Mark's kids and families and his mom's sisters and a cousin came.


The smallest rider of the day, little Nellie, who is almost 4!


Inside the new shelter Mark worked on last week.





Kayden looking cool in her helmet and shades!



Davis and Jaxon


Adam's mom, Charlotte, with her grandchildren.....Presley, Greenlea and Davis


Nellie wanted to play horse shoes with the boys!































It was a great and beautiful day!  All the kids had a great time on the rides.  The adults enjoyed conversing.  Thanks, Jenn, for helping with the clean-up afterwards!



Sunday, after church, Mark and I finished bringing the last of the stuff up from the pit area.  Then, since it was a beautiful day, we went for a bike ride.  First stop was Ruby Tuesday's in Thomasville for lunch.  Then we took a lot of the backroads home, traveling a total of 46.3 miles.







A Great Leopard Moth on the carport.  How pretty!  It disappeared, even though I thought it was injured by the looks of the wing.


Several people didn't show up for the family gathering on Saturday, and I had a pot of chicken stew left, so we invited Calvin and Sharon, Joy and Bobby over for supper on Sunday evening.




After having some stinking hot and humid days last week, the weekend weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  Thank You, Lord!

I went over to Ilene's today.  We ate some chicken stew and then I took her to Lowe's to return some water proofing she had gotten for the deck that she had too much of.  After taking her back home we worked on a puzzle for a couple of hours before I headed home.  Mark woke up not feeling great today after fighting a headache all night, so he went back to bed for awhile and just chilled while I was gone.  He felt much better by the time I got home around 4:45. 

I'm planning to go back to Ilene's tomorrow, so after I got home this afternoon I got busy doing laundry, cooking supper and cleaning up the kitchen.  Now I can go and play tomorrow without feeling guilty!  :D

Thank You, LORD, for a great weekend with family and friends!

No comments: