Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, June 8, 2020

Catch-Me-Up Time

May 27th was my last post while my sister, Kim, was still here.  So, I will do some catching up from there.

Thursday, May 28th
Kim and I spent the day with Ilene.  I'm thinking we ate all day!  :D




Mooney up there!


Friday, May 29th
Kim packed up and headed back to Florida!  She left at 12:45 p.m. and got home at around 11:15 p.m.  She's a maniac like that!  It was great having her with us!  Love you, Kim!





Saturday, May 30th
Mark and I took a bike ride.  Got lunch at Subway and took it to Union Cross Park and then rode around, watching the beautiful sunset we had that evening!  I spared you ALL of the cool sunset pictures I took!  You're welcome!  :D





I caught the moon in this shot and a few of the sunset pictures.  You know me and clouds.......










I love how the water tower glows gold in the light of the sunset!



Sunday, March 31st
Didn't do much this afternoon after church.  Only took one picture of birds; this little hummer sat at her post guarding the nectar!


Monday, June 1st
Began cutting out the sugar in our diet today, which means no more sweet tea!  I had a terrible headache.  I ended the day with nausea and diarrhea, I think due to my IBS.

The breakfast was great today!  Scrambled eggs with mushrooms, peppers, onion, spinach!


Kim and I dropped off some food at Calvin and Sharon's house on Tuesday because she is recovering from surgery on her spine.  She sent us a nice thank you note.


Supper was also very good!  I will not put so many almonds on it the next time, however!


Remember I planted 5 dried pinto beans last week while Kim was here?  Well, here is one starting to come up through the soil.


Tuesday, June 2nd
Wasn't feeling great because I still had a headache.  That's what I get for being so addicted to sweet tea!





Wednesday, June 3rd
I went to the church to put some things away when I saw these two.  Tim always called them Bill and Hillary.  Abby always calls them Billary and Hillary.



Thursday, June 4th
I felt a lot better!  I drank a smoothie for breakfast and took a leftover hamburger to Ilene's for lunch.  We finished up a puzzle she had been working on. 



These wrens were sure pitching a fit on the neighbor's fence.



I tried to get a picture in the nest, but it was too dark.  Mark said their are eggs in there way down at the bottom.


I got another hummingbird feeder at Dollar General for $1.50.  The same hummer guards both of them now.



Friday, June 5th
Mark and I took a bike ride today.  He had to mail something to Terry, so we decided to do lunch.  We went to Zaxby's again and got salads and ate them at Griffith Park on Clemmonsville Rd.  Even I ate every last bit of it and I rarely finish a salad from there!  After it cooled off in the evening, we sat on the deck and played cards.







Saturday, June 6th
The meals were good today!

This is how the scrambled eggs began.....


And this is how they look after being cooked!  Mark added tomatoes and avocado to his plate!


And this was the beginning of supper - Smothered Chicken.  But I forgot to take a picture of the finished product.  I baked 2 chicken breasts and then added the sauteed onions and peppers.  Added black beans on top and some shredded cheese and baked for 10 minutes.  After taking it out of the oven, I added some salsa and it was yummy!


Mark is working on another shelter at the pits.  He stripped bark off of these poles and left them to dry out before adding tar so he could put them in the ground.


These are Mark's moon pictures!





Sunday, June 7th
The majority of our members were at church today!  WOOHOO!  After church we went home and I put the shepherd's pie in the oven that I fixed last night before bed.  It was delicious but I forgot to take a picture.  You use mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes.  It was delicious!

Mark noticed that I have 3 beans that sprouted!  WOOHOO!


Bobby and Joy came to the house at 6:30 and we went to Ruby Tuesday's in Thomasville for supper.  We all ate the salad bar.  Then we went riding on the back roads of Davidson County.  The air was still pretty warm from the 90 degree temperature we had earlier in the day!  After they separated from us and headed for home, we got gas and went home.  We traveled a total of 57.3 miles.  It was a fun ride! Food, Friends and Fun!  A wonderful combination!
















So, I am beginning a new week down 4 pounds, no more sweet tea withdrawal headaches and ready for some more new recipes for the week.  My whole purpose behind this new clean eating style is to try to get my gut health back and to get Mark's diabetes 2 reversed as well as his high blood pressure!

Praying all of you have a wonderful week!

No comments: