Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Walking For Exercise

I have always enjoyed walking for exercise.  But, while I've got TONS of acreage to walk around, I like walking on flat, level surfaces best.  So this week I started walking at the park over by Mark's shop.  There are lots of trees that shade a lot of the walking path.  I was told that 3 laps around make a mile.  I did 3 laps the first 2 days in less than 20 minutes.  I added a lap the 3rd day and added another lap today to make 1 2/3 miles in about 30 minutes, give or take.  So, I'd say I'm doing better than I expected!  Mark said he would walk some with me, so we may try going before he goes to work.

I remembered I had this hat and decided to wear it today since it was hot and the sun was shining brightly!  I put my hair in a pony tail and drew the string that normally ties under your chin up under the pony tail.  I was hoping that would help to keep the hat on my head when the breezes blew!  There really wasn't much breeze today!


Yesterday, Mark and I went to Salisbury to help Liz and Brad do some more packing.  Brad really needed Mark to help with the furniture.  Liz and I didn't have too much to do.  Liz took this picture of Mark and I as we were leaving the restaurant we went to and headed for home.



We went back to Salisbury again tonight to pick up the swing set and a patio table that Liz and Brad were giving us.  They were going to make a special trip tomorrow afternoon to bring it to us, but they are so busy getting everything done before the closing next Wednesday that I told her we would save them a trip and time and come in Mark's truck and trailer.

We had to keep watch on the trailer to make sure none of the straps loosened too much.  Mark had to stop twice to tighten some of the straps holding the swing set on.




Both the swing set and the table went to the fire pit area.


We put the table under the shelter in the back.  Here's what the area looks like with the lights on!  Looks very cozy to me!


This is a sketch of the old church building in Buffalo, WV.  Tim bought it one year at the Heritage Days.  I found it when I was unpacking some boxes of pictures and stuff from the church office and decided it needed to go back to the church where it belongs.  I'm not sure why he carried it with us to North Carolina, anyway.  Liz is going to try and drop it off at Stephanie Jividen's house sometime next week later in the week when they are up there visiting.  Stephanie, Lonnie is expecting the picture.  Thanks for taking it to the church for me.


And, that's all I have for today.  I'm tired and should sleep well tonight!  Have a blessed LORD's day tomorrow!  We are going to be required to wear masks during the services.

No comments: