Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 5, 2021

A Busy Weekend

The weather has been absolutely beautiful this week!  We have enjoyed cooler nights without running the AC!  And since it was so nice and the weekended promised to be pretty as well, we invited Bobby and Joy and Calvin and Sharon over Friday night for roasting hot dogs at the pits.  They brought their grandsons who live next door to them, Leland and Brennan.  They had a great time of Mark riding them around in the 4-wheeler.






This is Brennan







This is Leland


We have a one-seater outhouse in the woods now!










Sharon ended the night with a ride through the woods.

After everyone left, Mark and I took a ride, too.








Looks nice and cozy, doesn't it?!


Saturday, Mark worked in the woods all day, or worked at the shop building things to use in our pit area.  I did laundry and then went thrifting for some pans to use over the fire at the pits.


Sunday, we went to KFC after church so we could go on a picnic.  We left at 1:10, took the motorcycle down HWY 109 to Roy J. Maness Nature Preserve in Troy, NC, arriving at 2:19.  It was 55.5 miles from the house.  We had our picnic on a bench in the shade near a small lake.  There were lots of turtles in the water.  It was very enjoyable.  We left the Preserve at 3:10.

On the way back, Mark saw a sign for Pisgah Covered Bridge, so we decided to go and take a look.  Only problem was that it was not open for travel.  It looked like a couple of guys were working on it.  There were people taking pictures, however.  We didn't take the time to stop.

It was 84 degrees during our ride.  We arrived back home at 4:34.  We traveled a total of 120.1 miles.

































We decided to roast some more hot dogs down at the pits and play so me games.  We played Kings in the Corner while the fire was getting ready.  After we ate, we decided we were tired and didn't want to play any more games.  Mark brought me back to the house and he went back down to tend the fires and read for awhile.








Mark is off tomorrow.  He mentioned going for another ride, but he also mentioned we are to get rain.  So, we will probably just hang out around the house.  Hope you have a wonderful Labor Day!


Oh, yes!  I forgot to mention that we have a new grandson, who  was born on Sept. 2.  He weighed 6 lb. 11.1 oz. He was 19 1/2 inches and was born at 8:30 a.m.  This is Mark's 9th grandchild, born to his son, Allen, who lives in SC.  His name is Kingston Gauge.  He is going to be called Gauge.  We will have to take a bike ride to see him, too!













 Have a wonderful week!

No comments: