Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, September 16, 2021

Joy in the Adventure

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "It's not the destination, it's the journey."  And, when it comes to bike riding, I have to agree with that statement.

Someone added "Life" to this statement......."Life is not about the destination, it's about the journey."  I have to disagree with that statement, especially as a Christian.  It is both!  The destination and the journey in my life is important!  "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment"  Hebrews 9:27    "For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord:  whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's."  Romans 14:8  "Many will say to me in that (judgment) day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:  depart from me, ye that work iniquity."  Matthew 7:22, 23

The choice you make in your journey of life to either accept or reject the sacrificial death Jesus made on the cross of Calvary determines your destination!  Have you realized you are a sinner?  We all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory, which is holiness, righteousness.  (Romans 3:23)  It doesn't matter if you or I think we aren't so bad.  "The fool has said in his heart, There is no God.  They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good.  The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.  They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy:  there is none that does good, no, not one."  Psalm 14:1-3  We have all earned the penalty for our sins, death.  "For the wages of sin is death" Romans 6:23 tells us!  That's the bad news!  Thank the LORD, the story doesn't stop there!  Romans 6:23 finishes by say, "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our LORD!"  Thank You, Jesus!  "God commendeth (showed) His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us!"  When He was on the cross, I was on His mind!  Can you say that?  If you will put your faith and trust in Him, you will be able to say that, too!

I don't want to live my life (the journey) in any way that does not please the Lord!   It is a slap to His face every time I sin.  I don't want to disappoint Him, even though I do every day.  And, if you are His child, you don't want to, either, I hope and pray!  Living for and with Him is an adventure.....the Great Adventure!  The adventure of a lifetime!  And He wants us to have JOY in the JOURNEY!  Jesus said in John 10:9-11, "I am the door:  by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.  The thief (the devil) comes only to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:  I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.  I am the good Shepherd:  the good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep."  Are you one of His sheep?  I pray that you are!


Mark wanted to go to Ruby Tuesday Wednesday night since they were having their BOGO sale.  We rode the bike and were hoping to ride it to church, too.  Turns out we could have, but when we were leaving for church it was pretty overcast, so we didn't risk it.

There was still some blue sky on our trip to Ruby Tuesday.  LOVE these cloud pictures!





Not-so-blue skies by the time we finished eating.




I decided to make a page from a selfie I took on the way to Ruby Tuesday.  The word art I used is what triggered my thoughts for today.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: