Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, September 10, 2021

Happy Birthday! Oh What a Beautiful Day!

Well, my baby girl (3rd child) turned 38 today!  Where has the time gone?!  Happy Birthday, Elisabeth Rose!  I am so proud of the godly woman you have become! I love you so much!

Born Sept. 9, 1983 weighing 9 lb. 12 oz.

1984 Family Portrait

1984 Elisabeth and Michael 

1984

1984 with Grandpa Day and Jessica

May 1985 before Nathanael was born in June

June 1985 Nathanael and Elisabeth.  She wanted to hold him so badly!


Giving Nathanael a kiss


September 1985 her birthday baby that was as big as she.
1986 on vacation

1987 Family Portrait
1987 Natural Bridge State Park
1988 Received certificate for most improved
1988
1989 with Pam, her favorite cousin, and Michael

Pam spent a week or so with us right before school started and she and Elisabeth wanted their hair cut just alike!

1995 Family Portrait

Skip a few years to July 2021.  Elisabeth and her beautiful family.  The Lord has blessed them abundantly!

I pray that you had a wonderful birthday, sweetie!


Are you old enough to remember "Oklahoma" the 1955 film?  This song was sung in that show!  I loved that show!  Click on the title below to watch a YouTube clip of the song.

Oh!  What a Beautiful Morning!

Song by Gordon MacRae

Oh!  What a beautiful morning!
Oh!  What a beautiful day!
Oh!  What a beautiful feeling!  
Everything's going my way!

There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
There's a bright golden haze on the meadow,
The corn is as high as an elephant's eye,
An' it looks like its climbin' clear up to the sky.

Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Everything's going my way.

All the cattle are standing like statues,
All the cattle are standing like statues,
They don't turn their heads as they see me ride by.
But a little brown mav'rick is winking her eye.

Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Everything's going my way.

All the sounds of the earth are like music,
All the sounds of the earth are like music,
The breeze is so busy it don't miss a tree,
And an ol' Weepin' Willer is laughin' at me.

Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Everything's going my way.

Oh what a beautiful day


Mark and I attended the funeral of his boss' dad today.  Mr. Yontz owned the company where Mark works before his current boss (the son) did.  We had gone to breakfast at the Wallburg Pizzaria and Grill before the funeral, so we decided to go to Olive Garden for a late lunch.

Our pastor and dear friend, Bobby Smith, also attended the funeral.  After the funeral in the parking lot he said if we were going to ride today that he would go with us.  We told him we were going to Olive Garden and he said he would go, too.  He notified Joy but she had a dentist appointment and couldn't go.  So we changed clothes and met Bobby at his house where we took the back roads to Olive Garden.

After Olive Garden, we rode to Clemmons, Mocksville, took US64 to Lexington, then Old US52 to home.  What a lovely day!  We traveled a total of 92 miles.  We left the house at 3 p.m. and returned at 6:48 p.m.  Thank You, LORD, for the beautiful day!

That bright spot is the beautiful sun.

Since we left so late, we his school traffic!

Bobby riding by himself today.

Heading for the back roads to Olive Garden

I always have to get a shadow picture....or two.

I love taking pictures of old buildings.

More old buildings.

I also love taking pictures of God's creatures.....donkeys.

More school traffic.  But, thank the Lord, we only had to follow this bus for a couple of miles!

A pond that is hard to see, except for the reflection.

An old silo.

At each stop light, we pulled up next to Bobby.

I also love taking pictures of our flag waving in the breeze!


We all had soup and salad with yummy bread sticks!  I could make a meal out of the bread sticks!  Especially while they are warm!

When we left, a couple of little girls were totally enthralled with our bikes.  They stayed on the sidewalk with their mommy watching us intently as we put on our helmets, got on the bikes, backed out of our parking spot and pulled out!  We waived and yelled goodbye to them as they waved goodbye to us!  So cute!  Future biker babes in the making!  😉



On the road again!  And you already know I love taking cloud pictures!  Look at the beautiful blue in that sky!


Bright, bright, sunshiny day!  Look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies!

Oh!  What a Beautiful Day!



Cattle.  They don't turn their heads as they see me ride by.





Yadkin River going under US64

I thought that line of clouds looked interesting.

Our shadow with Bobby's shadow.

Another song I thought of for today, fitting since we had thunder storms yesterday:

I Can See Clearly Now

Song by Jimmy Cliff

I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way

Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind.
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day

Oh, yes I can make it now the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day

Look all around, there's nothing but blue skies
Look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies

I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
It's going to be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
Bright bright bright bright bright (bright) bright (bright)
Sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright) bright (bright)
Sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright) bright (bright)
Sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright) bright (bright)
Sunshiny day
Bright bright bright bright bright (bright) bright (bright)
Sunshiny day

 

  













No comments: