Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, September 25, 2021

Autumn Flavors

Please pray for Tim's mom, Jeanne Day.  I got a note from Tim's sister, Jennifer as follows:

I have been meaning to email you about mom. She started getting sick around the first of September with a UTI.  Antibiotics didn't seem to help and I kept taking her to the doctor but they couldn't figure it out. She wasn't eating or sleeping and was getting so weak, she couldn't get out of bed.  The doc finally said get her to the ER and she was admitted.  She spent 8 days in the hospital getting treated for a bad kidney infection.  They moved her to a nursing home/rehab place because she's still too weak to walk.  She is getting physical therapy but still can't walk. I want to bring her home but told her she has to be able to walk at home.  I hope she gets better and can walk soon.  She is eating now more than she was at least.

Please pray that she will regain her strength so she can walk and then go home.  Thank you!


I saw a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Latte that I wanted to try.  I got the recipe here.  It turned out pretty good!  And, surprisingly, it didn't give me heartburn.....at least, not yet!



I've been under the weather for a couple of days now.  Started with a headache all day on Thursday, ending the day sick to my stomach.  I went to bed at 9:00, so you know I wasn't feeling well!

Friday was not much better, but I was able to eat towards the end of the day!  Went to bed at the same time Mark did.  Woke up off and on all night.  Finally at 4 a.m. I took some more tylenol and then again at 8 and got up at 9 this morning.  The headache was still there, but not so bad.

I went to Hobby Lobby for a couple of items, then to Chick-fil-A and then Walmart.  The lines at Walmart are RIDICULOUS!  I thought maybe I had skipped fall and was shopping on Black Friday!  OY VEY!  I stood in line for half an hour at least.  I was getting hot and that caused me to be sick to my stomach!

The headache finally went away sometime this afternoon, praise the Lord!

I fixed stuffed Mexican peppers for supper tonight.  The contents were ground beef, black beans, corn, onion, the tops of the peppers, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, lime juice.  They were pretty good!  I'm surprised that didn't give me heartburn, too!

Tomorrow we have a birthday party to attend in the afternoon.  I'm going to fix some chicken and we are going to eat it on salad for lunch.


Well, that's about it for me.  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow!

    

No comments: