Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Happy Birthday Party for Greenlee

Happy Lord's Day!

After church this morning, we came home and I fixed some chicken in the toaster oven to go with our salads.

At 3:30 we left to meet Jenifer, Kayden, Jaxon, Adam, Davis, Presley, and Greenlee and some other friends and family members to celebrate Greenlee's 8th birthday.

Here she is blowing out all of her candles.



It was a beautiful day but it was hot in the sun.  Mark and I and Jenifer and Adam and a few others set up lawn chairs under the shade trees.  It was very nice!  I had a sweater on and was comfortable.

The trees were beginning to change colors.  I got a few pictures, but the sun was so bright that it washed out the beautiful red of the leaves.

This is a shot from where we were sitting under the trees to across the playground.  You can tell the leaves that are changing.


I zoomed in to see the leaves closer.  They look more orange here than red!




Fall is definitely here!  And I love it!  Thank You, LORD, for this beautiful season!

"While the earth remains, seed time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."  Genesis 8:22     Sounds good to me!

Hope you have a great week!

 

2 comments:

Charlotte Snyder said...

It was so nice to see you yesterday!

Vicky said...

It was so nice to see you again, too, Charlotte!