Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Art Work

Today I worked on the piece of art that I told you to stay tuned for.......

Here are the first 2 photos I showed you:





And here is what I did today:

Adding molding paste through a stencil to add texture.

Can you see the texture?

Instead of wasting the extra texture paste, I put it on this book cover that has some of my other art in it.  It's called an altered book.  I'll show you sometime.

Next, I painted the whole thing and then sandpapered  the paint off of the raised texture.

Then, I added the map to the other half.  It is a partial map of North Carolina with our town in the upper left corner.

Then I added a layer of yellow paint to everything, but i didn't really like it, so I wiped a lot of it off with a baby wipe.

I cut this cardinal and tree branch out of a "Birds and Blooms" magazine.  I cut most of the snow away.

I sprayed some red "glimmer mist" to the upper and lower corners.  I like how the paint covered the snow on the branch in the lower left.  Now it doesn't look like it has snow on it.

I still have some detail work to do before it is finished, but I am liking it so far.  I learned how to do this project from a LorriMarie Jenkins YouTube video.  I am liking it!  What do you think?


The Old Gray Mare.......

I had to laugh at something Abby said to me over the weekend.  She said to me, "Grandma, why did you paint some of your hair gray?"  I had to explain to her that it was actually the other way around, lol!  I'm not worrying about coloring it again until this coronavirus business has ended and we are allowed to be out and about.  I'm just going to continue to SHINE during the social distancing!


Lunch today was Green Giant's potatoes, snap peas and peppers in a garlic sauce.  Yummy!  I love getting them 5 for $5.  Perfect size for my lunch.


Bird Watching

I took my camera out to my craft building today to hopefully capture some action from a different angle, which I did.

FEMALE CARDINAL

HOUSE SPARROW

I  captured a bird today that I have never seen before.  While I was taking the pictures of the cardinal and sparrow, a bird flew to the bird bath sitting right outside the door to my craft shed.  I tried to slowly turn the camera towards him, but he flew away.  But, he came back and landed in the silver maple tree that shades my shed.  So pretty!
CEDAR WAX WING

I was also happy to notice that the nectar from my hummingbird feeder was lower; but I wasn't sure if maybe the wind that we have had lately tipped the feeder enough for some of the nectar to drain out until a hummingbird flew in while Mark and I were on the deck.....even standing right next to it!


Mark has been doing a lot of work to this shed as the roof was about ready to cave in.  So he has replaced a lot of the 14 foot boards so he could get rid of the supports he had under it, basically holding the roof up.  He has to replace some of the cross boards and then he will be ready to put the roof back on!


Mark is working on lighting down by the fire pit, so we drove down there to check on them.

THE COWS WERE OUT AGAIN.



It was a beautiful day.  Upper 60's, but cool since the humidity was low.  Loving the low humidity, even if it calls for a sweater!  Praying you have a blessed Wednesday!

Thank You, LORD, for the blessings of the day!

No comments: