Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, April 3, 2020

Wood Work

Mark still has Friday's off.  Even if they go back to 40 hours instead of the current 32, he will be working four 10-hour days.  Works f or me! 

If the weather is decent, he will be working in the woods.  There is always something to do.  Cutting down trees.  Chopping wood.  Working on cleaning up the woods for paint balling, fire pitting or 4-wheeling. 

He started a storage shed this weekend so that he can leave some things down there instead of having to pack it up every evening to bring it back to the house and every morning to take it down to the woods.




I fixed bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches and packed them to eat around the fire pit.  Then I went back to the house, washed the dishes and went to the shed to do some painting.  I worked through the 21 days of 10 minute sketches through the Psalms with Sue Kemnitz.
WATER LILY

JOYOUS ANGEL

PINE TREES AND SUN

FLOWERS

BIRD REPRESENTS THE HOLY SPIRIT

I PAINTED THE BACKGROUND AND THEN FOUND "THINGS" TO SKETCH (LIKE FINDING THINGS IN THE CLOUDS).

I took a break from painting and took a snack down to Mark and took Asher down with me.  We don't take him to the woods too often because he wanders off with his nose to the ground, so we have to watch him too closely.  Piper hangs pretty close to Mark and doesn't wander off.

TAKING THE TRACTOR DOWN TO DO SOME BUSH HOGGING.

SNIFF, SNIFF, SNIFF

PIPER WILL NOT LEAVE ASHER ALONE SO SHE USUALLY HAS TO BE MADE TO SIT IF ASHER IS AROUND.

IT IS WEIRD TO ME THAT THESE BRANCHES ARE COMING OUT ON THIS OLD TREE.




Mark has been working hard on some of the paintball guns that would not shoot.  We took them to the woods to test.  It was fun to shoot.....when no one is shooting at you!




The neighbor has been giving us eggs.  The lighter ones are from Ameraucana chickens.  (They don't look like it here, but they are a light green.)  I had to boil a dozen tonight because we had 36 since they gave us another 18 today.  I think I'll make some egg salad tomorrow!  Thank You, LORD, for Your provision and blessings in keeping us healthy and safe during this COVID-19 pestilence!

I think this is what their Ameraucana chickens look like:
AMERAUCANA CHICKEN

And, that's a wrap for our Friday.  Hope you had a great day and have a blessed night of rest!


No comments: