Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, April 5, 2020

One of Those Days

It has been a day of struggles.  Struggles for things not going the way it was anticipated.  It started early this morning.

Mark went to Lowe's to get some building materials, but the ones left were the imperfect ones (of whatever it was he was buying.....I forget what).
He took the truck back to his daughter and drove back home, but he had forgotten to take a trailer and the kids' helmets.  So, he drove his car back to her house, brought the truck back, attached the trailer, got the helmets and then back to her house again.
The shed he is building is an odd size, so the materials were not fitting quite right........

I had my share of food items landing on the floor while I was cooking today, the worst one being an egg!  I used the 5 second rule on my grilled cheese sandwich that landed on the floor!

Even the neighbor kid turned his 4-wheeler over on himself.  Thankfully he was not hurt!

Ever have days like that?  I'm sure you have!

Noah is here for the weekend (today and tomorrow).  He was helping Mark in the woods.  So I fixed scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausage links and toast and drove it to the woods for us to eat together.  It was actually our lunch! 

What a beautiful day!  Thank You, LORD!


After I brought the dishes back to the house, I washed them and then went to my craft shed to do some painting.

Here is a sunflower I painted from a post Joy shared on Facebook.


Here's a couple more pages done with Sue Kemnitz's lessons, 21 days of 10 minute Sketches Through the Psalms.


Tonight for dinner we had TV dinners.  I made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing for dessert.  After I washed up those dishes, I put together our lunch for tomorrow in the crockpot.  Pork roast in cream soup with potatoes, onion and carrots.  I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen today.....more time than I care to, LOL!

It is 1:30 a.m. Sunday morning and I am waiting for Mark's pants to be done in the dryer so I can hang them up and go to bed.

Have a blessed Sunday!  Mark and I have already listened to one message that was posted tonight.  Enjoyed the message, Brother Dale Wallace!

No comments: