Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Bird Watching

I'm a bird watcher
I'm a bird watcher
Watching birds fly by
My, my, my!
I'm a bird watcher
I'm a bird watcher
Here comes one (or 2 or 3) NOW!.............


GOLD FINCHES, MRS. AND MR.

ADD A HOUSE SPARROW

HOUSE FINCH


YES!  I captured the hummingbird!  My digital camera (Nikon Coolpix B700) is usually set on the "Bird" setting with a burst of 5 pictures.  Why?  Because I think it captures action even better than the "Sports" setting!

 Here is the hummer in action (5 pictures at a time).......





























HOUSE SPARROW AND HOUSE FINCH


And the many faces of Mr. Cardinal......








And, then he breaks up the party the house sparrow and house finch are having.......





HA!  Do you see that smirk on his face?!  :D


So, I got to see my bestie today!  Ilene wanted me to take her to the post office to get stamps so she could pay her bills.  And she also needed to stop at Food Lion for some groceries.  So, she donned her mask and gloves and off we went!  Afterwards she treated me to lunch at Randy's!  Yeah, baby!  Beef tips, here I come!  She had the beef tips, too!  It is our favorite menu item!

After we got our food (carryout) we took it to her house and ate it.  Then we spent an hour or so talking out on her front porch.  It was soooooooo wonderful to be able to spend some time with her! 



Thank You, LORD, for keeping Ilene safe and healthy!  And also for protecting me the times I have gone to the grocery store!  I pray today's protection was virus-free, too!

I love You, LORD!
And I lift my voice, to worship You.
O, my soul, rejoice!
Take joy, my King, in what You hear!
May it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ears!

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: