Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, April 13, 2020

It's Been a Week

The pollen is driving my sinuses CRAZY!!!  I start coughing and my eyes water, my nose runs, and the headaches come.....and, unfortunately, the coughing keeps me awake at night!  OY VEY!  The only good thing about losing sleep one night is that I sleep like a rock the following night!  This (pollen) too shall pass!

Well, let's "see" what has happened over the last week, besides the sinus issues.......

Wednesday, April 8
Besides being my brother's birthday, turning 63, .......

Have I mentioned I LOVE taking pictures of clouds?  





Mark got the shed basically done (except for the painting and a few things to seal it up better) that he was working on down in the woods.....it turned out very nice!






This log was about 12 feet long and 13 inches wide through the middle.  Mark cut it down into several planks with his chainsaw mill.







Friday, April 10
The clematis that I planted at the end of the summer last year is blooming!  I absolutely LOVE the color!  I have 3 large blooms and lots more buds about to bloom!






Saturday, April 11
Mark worked in the woods all day.  I was going to make Little Cheddar Loaves (meatloaf with shredded cheddar cheese divided into 4ths and shaped into miniature meatloaves) for supper, but I was in the mood for a hamburger over the fire.  But, I ended up mixing up the recipe for the cheddar loaves and after dividing the mix I shaped them into hamburgers.  And I cooked a couple of chili beans into baked beans and took it to the woods to cook after baking the beans.  We also cooked some garlic toast over the fire to use as hamburger buns!  Very good!





The neighbors have cows and horses on one side of us.  The neighbors on the other side of us have chickens, roosters, turkeys, and goats.  They give us lots of eggs that we are very grateful for!

While we were in the woods, the cows and horses were near the fence that separates our properties.







Sunday, April 12, Resurrection Day (Easter)
We went to Liz and Brad's to celebrate Abby's 9th birthday, which was not until actually Monday, April 13th.  We also hid eggs for the kids to find.  Brad brought KFC for lunch and we ate ice cream and cake.

I made her birthday card.  I used some of Lindsay Ostrom's clip art she gave her group on Facebook:


I used one of Lindsay's clip art pieces as inspiration for the front.



I left the inside of the card for her to color.
It says, "We hope you have a great birthday!  We love you!"












They found a bunch of baby birds (crows) dead on the ground except for this one.  Abby is trying to save it.


Hank is watching, half in and half out, to see if there is a squirrel in the yard he can take off after.

He is still watching and waiting.

Sally could care less!

Monday, April 13
We lost a tree during the rains we had through the night.  Thankfully, it was no closer to the house than it was!




Here's some painting I have done during the last week:

I finished the 21 day class with Sue Kemnitz of 10 minute Sketches through the Psalms.

Angels

This represents me.  I wanted to add my glasses, but was afraid I would mess it up!

Eagle flying high above the pines.

These are the kinds of deals I look for in my art supplies!  Something that originally retailed for $35.99 at the Christian Bookstore, I got on clearance for $3.59!  CHA CHING!!

How about a couple of "Blast from the past" pictures:

I posted this one for National Sibling Day (April 10th).  This picture was taken around 1963 or 1964:

Here's my Senior picture that was taken in the fall of 1972 for my 1973 graduation.  WOW!


Praying you are all still safe and healthy!

Thank You, LORD, for your new mercies each and every day!

No comments: