Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Current Events

"Don't be oblivious to current events, but don't be occupied by them either!"  Pastor Dale Wallace

Some people are worrying themselves sick over this coronavirus.  Their every waking minutes are "occupied" with it.....it's one of the reasons I am not watching the news!  My pastor and friends keep me informed as much as I care to be informed.  And above that I'm being cautious, staying home for the most part, and trusting God to do what is best for me.

Happenings this past week:

Arts and Crafts:

Stay tuned to this craft.  This thrift store box is being repurposed!

STEP 1

Practicing.......


Tri-fold pocket junk journal.
FRONT

BACK


Friday Brad wanted to bring some wood from a dismantled bed, so we cooked hot dogs and smores at the fire pit and the kids rode their 4-wheeler and our buggy.  Ryan brought a friend along.  Since Ryan stayed the weekend a couple of weeks ago, I had Hannah and Abby stay for the weekend.  Kayden spent the night Friday night, too, to spend time with the girls.  We watched movies and did more painting.

Before everyone came, Mark and I worked on cutting down some branches that were hanging in the way.

Beautiful drive back and forth to the pit area now.

I cleaned the bird feeders and filled them with seeds.  A woodpecker visited the thistle seed feeder.


Before I went down to help Mark, he had a surprise under the grate that he pulled out of the pit to dump the coals.....


A black snake coiled up.


Mark cutting down some broken branches.















Ryan's friend, Keith, owns a tree now.....






Keith's sign on "his" tree.



Kayden wanted me to paint this turtle from Finding Nemo while they painted other things.


Saturday night we roasted left over hot dogs, chicken and smores down at the pit.


Sunday morning I fixed breakfast, bacon and scrambled eggs and toast, before church.


Liz and Brad came for lunch after watching their church.  The girls and the 4-wheeler went back home with them mid-afternoon.



All in all it was a good week!  Thank You, LORD, for the many blessings through the week!

Praying you all are safe and healthy and have a great week!













2 comments:

WhiteTopNC said...

That made for one busy week filled with many blessings!
I enjoyed the journey.

Vicky said...

Thank you! I don't know who "WhiteTopNC" is. Can you identify yourself, please?