Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, April 30, 2020

A Shelter in the Woods

Mark worked some more on the shelter today and got the dish on top of the braces, which is a miracle in and of itself!  Here are the photos of the process.......

Just getting the dish on the trailer was a feat!

He had to drive a stick into the ground between the dish and the shelter to keep the dish from sliding away.

You can see the stick in front of the dish.

Now to use the tractor to hoist the dish up.......

.....and over the edge to the top.

And, it's up!

Mark moved the benches under the shelter.

Another angle.

Looking between the other fire pits.

Mark strung some lights under the shelter and he wanted to see how they looked and show me the new shelter.

You can see where Mark bolted the dish into the brace.

Let there be light!  And I love it!

The lights are solar powered.
Little by little, the pit area is improving!  Thank you, sweetie, for your HARD, HARD work!


While Mark worked on the shelter, I fixed the Beef and Macaroni Casserole for his birthday.  We ate about 2:30 and then Mark went back to do some more work on the shelter.  I cleaned up the kitchen and then went to the craft shed to do some painting.

Can you tell what flower this is supposed to be?



And that wraps up our day!  I also saw Ilene for a little while today.  She got a piece of mail addressed to Mark and I from the IRS.  It was letting us know that our stimulus money had been deposited.

Thank You, LORD, for the blessings of the day!

No comments: